× Members

Old Pensions v Benefits

More
11 months 5 days ago #284799 by Archie
Old Pensions v Benefits was created by Archie
Hi All
I have an old pension of £8000 which i need or at least part of it to have my flat redecorated and to buy
a second hand vehicle would i have to inform UC LCWCA and would it affect my benefits would appreciate
some advice
Thanks Archie

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 months 5 days ago #284807 by Chris
Replied by Chris on topic Old Pensions v Benefits
Hi Archie,

Your UC is affected by the following amounts:-
Below £6,000 and no change
£6,001 to £16,000 - lose £4.35 for every £250 above £6,000
Over £16,001 - No benefit help

I believe it is the same ruling no matter what your group is, as I've had my UC deducted being in the LCW group and having over £10k savings at the time.

When I had my Income review just in July, I was told by the assessor I had to inform them of every bit of income I had - ISAs, bonds, Savings accounts - and it was all taken into consideration, minus the government cost of living payments.
So, I'm imagining you're going to transfer your pension money into your bank, then spend it on the items for decor, and a 2nd hand vehicle?
Me personally, I would still inform your work coach, because if you happen to be assessed, as they can do it at any time, and they see the incoming money into your bank, they're going to want to know why you didn't declare it, as they went back a whole year with my bank statements, when originally they requested 4 months, but because I'd had a large PIP payout, they needed to see proof of it going in, and what went out, to prove that I wasn't trying to get rid of money - known as deprivation of capital, and can also incur a fine by DWP if they find any money you haven't declared.

Hope this helps answer your question.

Regards, Chris.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Archie

More
11 months 5 days ago #284808 by Chris
Replied by Chris on topic Old Pensions v Benefits
P.S - I believe those on LCWRA don't have a work coach, so just send a message in your journal, and it should cover you.

Regards, Chris.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.