× Members

PiP review

More
11 months 6 days ago #284788 by ambofoster
PiP review was created by ambofoster
Wonder if you can shed any light on what’s going on with PIP

I was awarded standard elements for both back in December 2020. Saying it would end June 23

I got a review form back in October 22 and filled in sent off. Got help filling in friend typed up additional notes to support too.

Got an acknowledgment they had received late October 22.

Several text messages from December 22 through to April 23 saying review still in progress

Then in May 23 got new award letter saying review still in progress but award extended to June 2024

Since then in October this year got several letters and several text messages saying pip telephone review was 11/10 at 2.15 only to have it cancelled by text on the day. Asked to call them which I did told assessor ill.

Messages then received and new letter saying telephone review today at 11.45 (26/10). Only for them to call at 8.14am no message left but then a text message 8.20 to say pip review been cancelled. Obv I wasn’t awake to take call at 8.14 !! No voicemail left tho like last time when they asked me to call back so not called them back today.

Can you help with what may be going on should I be worried etc.

My review form clearly stated how my health has deteriorated since 2020 and also we had prepared notes for today so we could advise how health condition and additional medications changed since filling in review form nearly a year ago now !!??

Any advice would be very helpful as the anxiety getting prepared for call etc each time isn’t helping me at all.

Regards
Anne Smith

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 months 5 days ago #284797 by BIS
Replied by BIS on topic PiP review
Hi Ambofoster

It sounds like you are being given the runaround, but I'm afraid to say that you are not the only one.

I don't think you should be worried. I suspect the assessor was sick - hence the early call to cancel your appointment. This happens quite often, and as they have a shortage of assessors, there often isn't anyone else to cover.

The stress is awful for you, but I would give them a ring tomorrow so you can find out what happens next.

BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.