× Members

MR Notice.

More
11 months 6 days ago #284761 by Green56
MR Notice. was created by Green56
Good Afternoon,

I am hoping that somebody can offer me some advice please.

I was originally on the enhanced daily living and standard mobility rate for PIP. Following a recent review, my award was reduced to standard rates for both. I requested a MR and last week got the MR Notice. They have returned my rates and points to how they were before the review. I am relieved about this but am still upset that points have not been awarded for areas where I have provided evidence to show the difficulties I have.

If I were to appeal and were awarded extra points, this would not change the rates that I have been awarded. Therefore, my feeling is to gratefully accept the enhanced daily living and standard mobility so as not to have to go through the appeal process. I am also aware that I could risk losing points. Does this sound like the right thing to do?

Any advice would be much welcomed.

Many thanks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 months 6 days ago #284763 by BIS
Replied by BIS on topic MR Notice.
Hi Green56

Congratulations on getting your rates returned to what they were. That is good, and only 30% of people win their MRs so you did well.

I know it's annoying when you don't get points awarded where you expected, but honestly, there is absolutely no point in you challenging it as it would make no difference to your award - nor is there any point in writing to tell them about it. So your instinct is right - do nothing and just enjoy your victory. The number of people who get the exact number of points against the questions they are expecting is small!

BIS

Tags: @RESULT @PIP @MR

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
11 months 6 days ago #284793 by Green56
Replied by Green56 on topic MR Notice.
Dear BIS,

Thank you very much for your reply and for all of the work you do to help so many people. It is much appreciated.

Kind Regards.
The following user(s) said Thank You: BIS

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.