× Members

Inaccuracies in HP and DM reports

More
11 months 1 week ago #284744 by Flossie1971
Inaccuracies in HP and DM reports was created by Flossie1971
Hi there. I’m writing my MR and wondered if it would be would be worth mentioning errors in reports by the HP and DM. In my report by the HP, she has started her comments about each activity with “the AR1 reports restrictions with this activity; the previous report does not”. I really can’t understand this as I have never filled in an AR1 report before. Is this worth mentioning? In the DM report he has written that I have said I have difficulties with quite a few of descriptors when I haven’t at all. It almost seems as if he’s got me mixed up with someone else! Again, do you think this is worth a mention. I just thought that by bringing up these points, it might undermine the validity of there reports. Thank you.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 months 6 days ago #284757 by Chris
Replied by Chris on topic Inaccuracies in HP and DM reports
Hi Flossie1971,

Unfortunately this seems to happen quite a lot. It happened to me with both my assessments for UC and PIP. A lot of inaccuracies as I worded it, when I just wanted to say out right lies - but when I mentioned this during the MR stage, I was basically told that the assessors are trusted to make decisions whether these are correct or not. I will hunt the paperwork out and let you know exactly, but could take a while as I've over 2000 sheets of different reports all mixed together. One of mine said that I carried a washing basket full of clothes from the bathroom to the kitchen without any trouble - which was a total lie. I've never had a washing up basket in my life - I simply put all my clothes in the washing machine throughout the week, then take them out on a weekend to be separated into colours and whites, before being washed and hung on a clothes horse indoor. They also wrote that I strectched to the top of my cupboard to get the bread off, which you couldn't. You'd need to be 6 ft 6 to reach the top of the cupboard. My bread is always kept on bench at arms length. So you could mention for if it goes to the Courts tribunal stage, but I think if you do it with the MR stage, you'll just be dismissed basically.

Hope this helps,

Regards, Chris.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
11 months 6 days ago #284770 by Flossie1971
Replied by Flossie1971 on topic Inaccuracies in HP and DM reports
Thank you for your answer and sorry to hear you also had similar problems. I did think they would probably dismiss any ‘inaccuracies’ as it then makes them culpable, doesn’t it? Did you still mention the errors at tribunal? Were you successful? Thanks.

More
11 months 6 days ago #284773 by Chris
Hi Flossie,

I did - I printed a copy of the assessors report which was 22 pages long, and I wrote 8 pages of what was wrong with theirs and why. The DWP dismissed it at the MR stage, so I put in for the tribunal stage, which it got too, but then DWP made me an offer before the courts intervened, and I accepted it. So what I do now is, all the information I have that has helped get me points, I now use that information against the DWP to help me win. My first claim was a tribunal at the courts, but 2nd was as I've just mentioned. You have to be persistent, and fight till the very end unfortunately. It's time taking, and stressful, but the end result is usually the correct one I'd say.

Chris.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
11 months 6 days ago #284786 by Flossie1971
Replied by Flossie1971 on topic Inaccuracies in HP and DM reports
Thank you so much for your reply Chris and I’m glad you were successful. I went to tribunal before and went from 0 points to 15 but, like you say, it’s very stressful and time-consuming. Awful we have to be kept putting through it.
The following user(s) said Thank You: denby, Chris

More
11 months 5 days ago #284801 by Chris
Hiya,

I totally agree - It sure is. I can't see things improving anytime soon, if anything, they're going to deteriorate. No wonder so many people can't cope and are choosing to take their own lives. :(

Regards, Chris.

The following user(s) said Thank You: denby

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.