× Members

Atos 'invite' me to a F2F after PIP Review, URGENT advice please

• wibblum
  • Topic Author
  • Away
More
11 months 1 week ago #284727 by wibblum
It's shocking (but sadly not surprising) that I had to do that to get anywhere. I'm only sorry that I was so hyped up beforehand that I forgot to record the conversation (all of this happened at 8AM and I'd been up since 4 after a fretful night).

He told me the appointment would be at the same day and time, but to "allow half an hour either side of it".

As I did get the desired result, I'm in two minds as to whether to send the letter now as I don't want to stir the pot any more. I suppose I could amend it to reflect the fact that the change has been agreed on.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• wibblum
  • Topic Author
  • Away
More
11 months 1 day ago #284858 by wibblum
UPDATE:

Just had the telephone assessment. It was OK (which I realise means nothing in terms of a result), he was very polite and seemed to be about the most sympathetic assessor I've ever encountered (which I realise means nothing etc). He didn't try to trip me up and let me say what I had to say (which I realise etc).

He called over an hour earlier than he should have, though. I agreed to go ahead because I just wanted to get it over with, but it was a good job I was ready to go well in advance. It lasted exactly an hour (a whole hour and a half less than my last one!), so in effect it actually ended before it was scheduled to begin...

He said I should know the outcome in 6-8 weeks. So I suppose we'll see if his sympathy and understanding extends to filling out the assessment properly and truthfully.

More
11 months 1 day ago #284863 by BIS
Hi Wibblum

I'm so glad that your assessment is done. You can ring the DWP after 48 hours and ask for a copy of the assessment report (PA4) if you want it.

BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: wibblum

• wibblum
  • Topic Author
  • Away
More
10 months 3 weeks ago #285056 by wibblum
LATEST:
Called for the PA4 yesterday (made sure I was high up in the queue by ringing just before opening time and hitting redial until I got through, so I actually got in pretty quickly). Chap who answered seemed incredibly reluctant to send me one, and kept saying "You do know that no decision has been made yet?".

Instead of replying "Yeah but we all know how you lot like to drag your heels when it comes to doing the claimant any favours, don't we" as I'd dearly have loved to, I just kept repeating "Yes but I've been advised to ask for it now anyway." which eventually resulted in about ten minutes of tutting and sighing and keyboard-clattering on his end while he finally gave in and sorted out the admin. Although he kept referring to it as an 'AR' throughout even though I kept correcting him, which didn't fill me with confidence (I'm hoping he meant 'Assessor's Report' - I referred to it as that myself at one point and he responded with a non-committal 'hmm').

So it was like pulling teeth from a stone :) , but hopefully it'll turn up in about a fortnight, if I'm lucky.
The following user(s) said Thank You: denby

More
10 months 3 weeks ago #285073 by BIS
Hi wibblum

Good for you for persevering; you are entitled to have the report - so hopefully, it will come through quickly. I suspect that in the future, they will do the same as ESA and say that claimants can't have the report until after the decision is given.

BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
10 months 3 weeks ago #285110 by Sjgp
Hi I was just wondering how your review assessment went? I hope they allowed you to have it via the telephone and that it went well :-)

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid