× Members

Part time work opportunity

More
11 months 2 weeks ago #284479 by Avenger69
Part time work opportunity was created by Avenger69
I’ve been offered a position currently 10 hrs a week volunteering but might turn out payed in the future.

Will I lose my PIP or LCWRA??
TIA

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 months 2 weeks ago #284504 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Part time work opportunity
A

There is no specific reason why either benefit will be affected. You will need to notify the DWP in regard to your ESA claim as this will come under Permitted Work rules, there is a guide in the ESA section. You are not required to notify PIP.

All that said, if your starting work is the result of an improvement in your conditions, likely to result in a change to how you previously qualified for your awards then you are required to notify both ESA and PIP about this.

The likely result will be a full reassessment of both claims, this could leave them as they are but it can also lead to a reduction or even the removal of one or both awards, so think carefully before starting the work.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.