× Members

PIP disability and pension credit extra amount due to getting pip

More
11 months 2 weeks ago #284470 by Dalglish60
Hope mods can answer my query.

Applied for Pip first time on 1/9/2022 whilst also receiving ESA SG and esa expired when I reached state pension age in July'23. Long story short got pip enhanced living/ standard mobility awarded for 10 yrs after eventual face to face I had 10/7/23. Got substantive back pay from 1/9/22 -27/7/23. Then pip every 4 weeks as per normal etc..

Question is done an estimated pension credit check on the gov.uk site which given details inputted generates an estimated amount as I know its only an estimate. If you get pip is there an extra amount awarded for disability on top of any pension credit awarded if pension credit application is successful?

Sorry for the ramble..

D60

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 months 2 weeks ago #284501 by Gordon
D

There is a Severe Disability element that can be included in any PC award providing you meet the criteria.

A qualifying award such as a PIP Daily Living award and you must live alone or be considered as living alone. The latter means that if you do live with someone then they must also be in receipt of a qualifying award or they must be able to show that they live separately from you, for example; their own rent book and only sharing areas such as a kitchen or bathroom.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
11 months 1 week ago #284564 by Dalglish60
Gordon

Thanks for the reply.

Does the severe disability element get paid per week e.g. £76.40 if that's what it is ( multiplied by 4 = £305.60) or is it just the single figure added to any pension credit award when living alone and receipt of PIP enhanced daily living etc..

Sorry if i sound a bit confused.

d60

More
11 months 1 week ago #284578 by Gary
Hi Dalglish60

As Gordon has stated in his post SDP is payable providing you meet certain criteria.

To be eligible to claim Pension Credit Guarantee (GPC), you first have to add all your income together from various sources such as state pension, private pension, company pension, etc
If you only receive a new state pension then you will get £203.85 pw

You then look at GPC, for a single person it is £201.05 pw as £201.05 is less than £203.85 you would not be eligible to claim GPC.

If you were eligible to claim a SDP with your GPC your allowance would be £201.05 + £76.40 = £277.45 pw as £277.45 is greater than £203.85 you would be eligible to claim GPC, there are other premiums you can claim as well.

£277.45 - £203.85 = £ 73.60 GPC pw. GPC is a qualifying benefit for other benefits such as full Housing Benefit and Council Tax Support, health costs and a free tv licence when you reach the age of 75.

Gary

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.