× Members

Pip review update

More
11 months 2 weeks ago #284445 by K
Pip review update was created by K
Hi everyone I just wanted to let u know that I have been awarded pip standard rate with 8 points however only 4 points for mobility I should have been awarded more points for the enhanced rate for daily living because my condition had gone very worse since then because I am on more medication now however I have no energy or good health to go for the m r or appeal process so now what can I do shall I phone the dwp and let them know or not do anything and wait until next review I can’t write to them due to my hands and fingers bad health

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 months 2 weeks ago #284453 by Gary
Replied by Gary on topic Pip review update
Hi K

If your condition has deteriorated and you report a Change then you should do so in writing as the date of your letter will be used to set the start date of any new award, Ideally, send it using a Track'd post so that you have proof of delivery.

Before you report a Change you should be certain that you would reasonably qualify for a higher award, not all deterioration or even new conditions will result in your scoring the points you need for a higher award. See our PIP Claims guide for the criteria that you will need to make.

If you report a Change then you will be sent a new PIP2 to complete and it is almost certain that you will be required to have some sort of assessment, if your condition changed after your initial assessment then it would not have been considered when a decision is made. You have to have a condition 3 months before you claim and ongoing for 6 + months.

Gary

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.