× Members

state pension and coming to end of ESA(C)

More
11 months 2 weeks ago #284355 by petrocelli
state pension and coming to end of ESA(C) was created by petrocelli
Hi all

Can't believe am writing this, though not complacent. but am 2wks and 4 days away from my 66 birthday.

Does my ESA continue for a further one payment after the last one before my birthday?

Also, for how long should I keep the years of paperwork I have relating to Invalidity, incapacity and ESA (C)?

Is there anything that the DWP can come back to you for once you've had your first state pension payment?

I only have the ESA, as I've found that stressful enough!!!!

Any info you can furnish me with as to what to expect would be great.

Kind regards
P.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 months 2 weeks ago #284388 by Gary
Hi petrocelli

Your ESA will stop on the date of your birthday.

Have you contacted state pension to apply for your pension, you may also be eligible to claim Pension Credits.

www.gov.uk/new-state-pension/what-youll-get
www.gov.uk/pension-credit

The DWP can come back to you at any time to collect an overpayment. I usually keep any paperwork for 7 years.

Gary

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
11 months 2 weeks ago #284392 by petrocelli
Replied by petrocelli on topic state pension and coming to end of ESA(C)
Thanks Gary, so treat same as for HMRC.
I'll be getting full new state pension and due to inheritance, won't qualify for pension credit, however, as always, appreciate being prompted.

So once I reach my 66th birthday, DWP will no longer be sending WCA forms?...........I'll not relax until that date!

Kind regards
P.

More
11 months 2 weeks ago #284443 by Gary
Hi petrocelli

You are correct, make sure you contact State Pension 3 months before you reach State Pension age; www.gov.uk/new-state-pension/how-to-claim

Gary

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.