× Members

pip renewal

More
11 months 3 weeks ago #284253 by fizzy16
pip renewal was created by fizzy16
hello there ! my pip was up for renewal nxt month and was sent renewal pk in jan !! i sent it bk with all updated info ( i have fibro osteo arthritis ibs and a few other issues) i have now received a letter stating my current award ( standard in both components ) has again been extended till nov 2024 ..im nt sure what to do as my mobility has worsened so should i get in touch with dwp ?? i have read some not very nice outcomes when claimants have asked dwp to look at their claim whilst under review ?? any advice would be much appreciated

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 months 3 weeks ago #284258 by Chris
Replied by Chris on topic pip renewal
Hi fiz,

This is something that you can only decide for yourself, but remember if you challenge it, that it can also go against you, as well as for.

Me personally, the way the government is changing things, and toughening up, I'd look at it as, something is better than nothing, in relation to your award.

If you're finding things tough financially, you can always look on the money saving expert website and see if you can do anything that may give you a little financial boost, a payrise in a manner of speaking, by doing things such as:- Changing your suppliers for Energy, Broadband, and Television for example.

I review mine every year, then that way it seems as if my money is going further, although I do appreciate that during this C.O.L crisis, things can be tough.

Hope this helps,

Regards, Chris :)

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: fizzy16

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.