× Members

A warning about paperwork from HMCTS & Tribunals service

More
11 months 3 weeks ago #284240 by Anthony
Hi all,

I am acting as my brothers representative & help in an upcoming PIP tribunal. Today, both my brother & I were sent a large packet of paperwork. Being so close to his appeal (20th October) I was worried they are trying to slip in late evidence. Upon opening said packet I have been sent somebody else's papers! I have a complete package of information, including their application & evidence packets. The coversheet is in my name but everything else is in somebody else's including name, address & contact details. This is obviously a disgraceful slip in personal data security. I am trying to contact HMCTS to see what is going on, but wanted to warn other users this could happen to them as well. If you don't get your paperwork, it may have gone to someone else! If in doubt check it out.
The following user(s) said Thank You: adrian

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 months 3 weeks ago #284245 by BIS
Hi Anthony

Thank you for telling everyone of your experience. Unfortunately, you're not the first person this has happened to. I hope that you soon receive the correct papers.

BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: denby

More
11 months 3 weeks ago #284247 by Chocolady
Wow that’s a big gdpr breach too I would think. Dunno what the ICO would say about that one!

More
11 months 2 weeks ago #284280 by Mollie
I had the same thing happen to me, only it was my information sent to a third party. The Tribunal Service informed me of the error but took so long to respond to my queries and prevaricated so much that I did not take it to the Information Commissioner. It is over 6 years since it happened but I do wish I had reported it. The information is so confidential and private, yet they seem so blase about errors of this nature. It still haunts me and I still expect to be a victim of identity theft.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chocolady

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.