× Members

Personality disorder

More
11 months 3 weeks ago #284213 by Jollies
Personality disorder was created by Jollies
Hi.
Does anyone have any knowledge of successfully recieving PIP for borderline personality disorder? I'm currently receiving PIP for my depression and anxiety disorder but have just been diagnosed with BPD. Does this help or hinder me because there is a lot of stigma surrounding BPD.
Thanks for any help.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 months 3 weeks ago #284220 by Chris
Replied by Chris on topic Personality disorder
Hi Jollies,

If you feel that this interferes with your daily life, then you can add it into your PIP form mentioning how you believe it affects you on a day to day basis.
For example, does it impact your relationships with other people?

The guides on here will help you word things to give you the best chance of success - What you should also look at is if you are receiving standard PIP for example, can you add to it to receive enhanced based on the addition to your current conditions?

If you are receiving enhanced PIP though, then me personally I wouldn't bother changing anything until your next review is due.

Regards, Chris.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
11 months 3 weeks ago #284223 by Jollies
Replied by Jollies on topic Personality disorder
Thanks for the advice, Chris.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chris

More
11 months 3 weeks ago #284234 by LL26
Replied by LL26 on topic Personality disorder
Hi Jollies,
As Chris said, it is the effect of the condition not the label. And yes it is very possible to claim PIP with borderline personality disorder.
I did some research about this for a client - DWP were claiming that the client wasn't really very ill because she was only 'borderline'. It is originslly called borderline because it denotes the birder between neurosis and psychosis. Thus is a serious disorder.
If you claim for PIP refer to your illness as EUPD, that cuts out the risk of being borderline and not ill!
Come back here if you need more help.
LL26

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
11 months 3 weeks ago #284251 by Jollies
Replied by Jollies on topic Personality disorder
That's a nice bit of information, thank you.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.