× Members

As I too late to apply for Disability Scotland

More
11 months 3 weeks ago #284193 by Souter
I receive PIP enhanced , until 2031
I have sent away from the form as I have changed to my health. I’m concerned as I reach 66 on 9 November. Is there a link allowing me to apply online for the mobility component.
I do not have much time and value your input.

Kind regards
Teresa

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 months 3 weeks ago #284201 by BIS
Hi Souter

Unfortunately, you can't just apply for the mobility component. You now need to ring the DWP and report a change of circumstances. They will send you out a review form. Although you already have the care component and you can tell them you are satisfied with that - they are entitled to look at the whole award so you will need to fill in both parts. Then you will be assessed and if they offer you a mobility component, you will be given a new end date. This decision would supersede the current award you have.

BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
11 months 2 weeks ago #284376 by AshleyMcab
Replied by AshleyMcab on topic As I too late to apply for Disability Scotland
Is there any significance in the heading Diability Scotland ?

If you live in Scotland and you report a Change in health for your PIP this will result in the transfer of your PIP to Adult Disability Payment. Your change will be reassessed by Social Security Scotland. They will send you a form to complete but be prepared for a long wait as the transfer by the DWP can take 3-4 months followed by a similar timescale to reassess your ADP claim for your change.

More
11 months 2 weeks ago #284378 by BIS
Hi AshleyMcab

Souter said they had been too late to apply for ADP - but I'm not sure why. Thanks for your info.

BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
11 months 2 weeks ago #284407 by Souter
I am 4 weeks away from my 66 birthday. Do I have time to complete the form. I cannot find disability Scotland contact details ( phone number ) can anyone help me out with this, many thanks

More
11 months 2 weeks ago #284408 by Souter
During the wait of 3 to 4 months will I continue to receive my current enhanced rate of care component.
Many thanks for your advice.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.