× Members

PIP - My doctor send me the review that PIP asked him to clarify .

More
5 months 2 weeks ago #289989 by RIA
Hello!.
I have requested the PA4, but nothing yet has arrived in the post.
I will be re-applying for the PIP allowance as I suffer from OCD, badly, I took your questionnaire and it clearly states that I should be awarded the higher rate of PIP under the Daily Living component.
I scored 10 points for the Mobility component.
My anxiety has led to me relying on alcohol to help numb all the issues I'm dealing with.
I had a Health screening programme with my Dr's surgery, and I was honest and told the Nurse that I am drinking too much , just to erase the issues in my life.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 months 2 weeks ago #290007 by BIS
Hello Ria

I'm sorry that you're struggling so much. I hope that you manage to get some notes on your records regarding your spinal issues.

BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: RIA

More
4 months 1 week ago #291562 by RIA
Hi Deby,
Thank you for your caring words.
I have heard back from my Chiropractor. She has informed me that she charges £250-£300 for full medical reports.
A basic one which probably will not include the fundamentals required for PIP, could potentially invalid my claim.
What do I do here? Any suggestions please?

More
4 months 1 week ago #291565 by Charlie
Ultimately it's your choice as to what you do, and only you know what the right choice for you is. £300 is a lot of money, but if it could be the backbone of your claim it could be worth it. I hope you can find a decision that's right for you.
The following user(s) said Thank You: RIA

More
4 months 1 week ago #291567 by Catherine
Hello RIA,

I would suggest that you request the basic report from your chiropractor and see what is included in it. You can then decide whether or not this is helpful for your claim. You could consider asking her for a copy of the xray of your spine to include in your submission.

Another route would be to make a Subject Access Request or SAR. This is a request for a copy of all the information which she holds about you. She is obligued to give you a copy and can only charge you a reasonable charge for photocopying etc. I have only seen this done once and the client just got a big bundle of a copy of all their notes, with no explanation.

Good thing about a SAR - it gives you lots of info at a reasonable cost.

Bad thing about a SAR - if can damage a good working relationship, so might not be worth it.

Hoping the basic report gives you what you need!
Catherine

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Charlie

More
4 months 1 week ago #291654 by RIA
Hi Catherine,
I have over a 20 year relationship with my Chiropractor and she is wonderful. I would not want to upset her.
I think requesting a copy of my X-ray, like Gorden suggested will help loads with a short account of my issues and the length of time I have been receiving treatment.
Thank you.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Charlie

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.