× Members

ESA-Assessment/PIP Telephone Assessment

More
10 months 3 weeks ago #285078 by Daisydream
Replied by Daisydream on topic ESA-Assessment/PIP Telephone Assessment
Hi BIS
Thank you so much for your reply it is very much appreciated.
Hope you don’t mind just another quick question, I have do as you suggested and now contacted the DWP to advice that Capita failed to call me, they have noted that on my file. Should I follow this up with a letter to the DWP confirming my conversation with them today? Not too sure what to do, thanks again for your help.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 months 3 weeks ago #285080 by BIS
Replied by BIS on topic ESA-Assessment/PIP Telephone Assessment
Hi Daisydream

Your suggestion is a wise one. It's always good to confirm in writing conversations you have with the DWP and always keep a copy of what you send. It may never be needed, but it's always easier to sort out problems if there is a paper trail.

BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
10 months 1 day ago #285827 by Daisydream
Replied by Daisydream on topic ESA-Assessment/PIP Telephone Assessment
I have now had my pip assessment, i requested the PA4 received it within 2 days. It seems to flag up quite a few discrepancies. The HP has written things I didn’t say and omitted to report things that I did say about my health conditions and how they affect me. I now intend to go through the PA4 and highlight all that I feel is incorrect but just from reading it i think my award will be reduced. My question is do i wait for the Decision Letter to arrive before i request an MR, not too sure of the procedure. Also does the Decision Maker usually agree with the Health Professional or do they assess my review and supporting evidence and come to their own conclusion. Thank you so much for your help.

More
10 months 14 hours ago #285835 by Chris
Replied by Chris on topic ESA-Assessment/PIP Telephone Assessment
Hi DaisyDream,

It's a common occurence unfortunately. I was just replying to another thread that reported the same thing, pages of lies. It happened twice with me as well. Unfortunately, I have also found in my own personal experience, that they do usually back the HCP written evidence, however it's not the case with everyone. All you can do is what you said. Flag up your discrepancies, and challenge it, but yes, you must wait for your decision letter, then you usually have a month to reply. It's also advised (although it does cost more) - to send recorded delivery, so that you've proof that it has been delivered.

Hope this helps,

Regards, Chris.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid