× Members

ESA-Assessment/PIP Telephone Assessment

More
1 year 3 weeks ago #283044 by Daisydream
ESA-Assessment was created by Daisydream
Good Afternoon, I hope you are all well. Due to my health conditions I am unable to attend a face-to-face at an Assessment Centre. I have been given a letter from my GP confirming my difficulties and supporting my request for a home assessment instead. I have contacted the CHAD explaining this, they have now changed it to a Telephone Assessment, they did not want me to send them a copy of the GP. Basically, my query is, should I send them a copy or should I send it to the DWP, I am unsure what to do because I thought if I was unable to attend a face-to-face then CHDA needed this letter from my GP. Your advice regarding this would be very much appreciated. Many thanks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 year 3 weeks ago #283047 by BIS
Replied by BIS on topic ESA-Assessment
Hi Daisydream

If they have changed your appointment to a telephone assessment, there is no need to send the letter. Sometimes, assessment services accommodate a change in assessment type; sometimes, they don't. It's good that you got the letter, but as it's now not needed, there's no need to send it. I would keep the letter in your own records. If you want it to be added to your DWP records you could send it in - but I think it could just confuse an issue that has already been sorted to your satisfaction.

BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
11 months 2 hours ago #284907 by Daisydream
Replied by Daisydream on topic ESA-Assessment/PIP Telephone Assessment
Hi Everybody,
A quick update on my recent ESA telephone assessment which lasted over 1 hour. I have been in the Support Group for over 10 years so I was very worried about this review. Anyway, within two weeks of the assessment I received the decision letter and I have been kept in the support group which is great news.
Thank you so much to everybody at Benefitsandwork for your advice and kind words. Your support and guidance is invaluable. Also I thoroughly enjoyed your PIP Training Modules, very informative and I would highly recommend this training module.
I am due my PIP Telephone Assessment soon, I am currently receiving Standard Daily Living and Enhanced Mobility. My question is should I tell the PIP Health Professional that I have recently been reassessed for ESA and kept in the Support Group?
Your advice is very much appreciated.
Thank you so much.
The following user(s) said Thank You: KABTT , Chocolady

More
11 months 12 hours ago #284914 by BIS
Replied by BIS on topic ESA-Assessment/PIP Telephone Assessment
Hi Daisydream

Congratulations on staying in the support group. Yes, you can tell the HP professional - though they will probably already know.

BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
10 months 3 weeks ago #285065 by Daisydream
Replied by Daisydream on topic ESA-Assessment/PIP Telephone Assessment
Telephone Assessment was due but I did not receive a call. Rang Capita to enquiry they said Assessor could not get through said that I was unable to receive incoming calls. I asked a neighbour to ring my landline and they got through no problem whatsoever. Rang again to advise Capita of this and I was told to ring back next week as they would investigate as to why this has happened. Do I need to contact DWP and make them aware of this situation or just leave it and ring Capita next week? Thank you for your help.

More
10 months 3 weeks ago #285072 by BIS
Replied by BIS on topic ESA-Assessment/PIP Telephone Assessment
Hi Daisydream

I'm sorry this happened to you. I would contact the DWP and make them aware of what has happened, so that if Capita try to make out it was your fault - you already have logged it that the error was their end.

BIS

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.