Hello everyone,

my son was awarded 0 points

for both components living and

disability he has sycododisis

uvitis which is the loss of vision in

the middle part of the eye can

anyone help please?

Thank you

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 year 1 month ago #283028 by BIS
Replied by BIS on topic 0 POINTS FOR NORTH COMPONENTS
Hi Sophie123

If you haven't already, you need to get your son's assessment report - a PA4. You can ring the DWP and ask for a copy. This will give you more information about why he scored zero points. It normally takes 7 - 1o days to arrive.

You have one month from the date on the decision letter to put in for a Mandatory Reconsideration. If you look at the Guide to PIP appeals - it will tell you how to do this.

I don't know whether you used our guides to complete the form in the first place, but either way, look back at the Guide to PIP claims and reviews and see if you think there's anything that you should have described differently or information that you missed out. I'm not saying you did this, but it's always worth checking.

Once you have the PA4, you can review each question and counter what was said. They are not so interested in the specific medical condition per se - just how it affects a person's daily life and/or their mobility.

BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sophie123

More
1 year 1 month ago #283032 by David123
Replied by David123 on topic 0 POINTS FOR NORTH COMPONENTS
Is that a typo? Do you mean Sarcoidosis Uveitis?
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sophie123

More
10 months 1 week ago #285414 by Sophie123
Replied by Sophie123 on topic 0 POINTS FOR NORTH COMPONENTS
Yes sorry typo

More
10 months 1 week ago #285415 by Sophie123
Replied by Sophie123 on topic 0 POINTS FOR NORTH COMPONENTS
Hi thank you for your reply I did a reconsideration and the was also unsuccessful.

More
10 months 1 week ago #285451 by Gary
Replied by Gary on topic 0 POINTS FOR NORTH COMPONENTS
Hi Sophie123

Most MR are refused, so do not give up. Your next stage is to produce a submission, if you are not sure how to set one out, contact your local Welfare Rights Organisation for help; advicelocal.uk , there is no correct way to set one out, each mod on here will probably write a submission differently.

I always set out a submission by giving a history of condition and medication and then for each descriptor I write what the assessor has given and then I write what I believe should have been given and why, the why part is the important part, especially if you can tie it in with any supporting documents.

Preparing food
The HCP has suggested that the following descriptor applies:
1 a. Can prepare and cook a simple meal unaided.

The correct descriptor we believe that applies to xxxxxxxxx is:
1 e. Needs supervision or assistance to be able to either prepare or cook a simple meal 4 points

Then write why they need the help, what aids to they use, what limitations do they have using aids.

Have you been in contact with RNIB for help? www.rnib.org.uk , they may be able to give you pointers or help.

Gary

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.