× Members

PIP decision Text message

More
1 year 2 months ago #281994 by JK2019
PIP decision Text message was created by JK2019
following my PIP re-assessment,I received this text message from PIP:

Your PIP review is complete. You should receive your decision letter in 2 weeks. Once you receive your letter, contact us if you have any questions. Do not call before you get the letter as we will not be able to tell you the decision. Please remember to contact us if your circumstances change.

Does it mean it’s been unsuccessful?
Because I’ve read about people receiving a text message about next payment date etc when they claim was successful.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 year 2 months ago #282018 by BIS
Replied by BIS on topic PIP decision Text message
Hi JK2019

I honestly can't tell you one way or the other. Text messages' content varies, and their use is inconsistent, so I would try not to read too much into it. I know it's hard, but hopefully, the letter will arrive in the timescale you have been given. I assume you haven't asked for a copy of your assessment report, as that would have given you an indication of the outcome.

BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

• Jim Allison BSc, Inst LE, MBIM; MA (Consumer Protection & Social Welfare Law)
More
1 year 2 months ago #282019 by Jim Allison BSc, Inst LE, MBIM; MA (Consumer Protection & Social Welfare Law)
Replied by Jim Allison BSc, Inst LE, MBIM; MA (Consumer Protection & Social Welfare Law) on topic PIP decision Text message
A text message is fine as long as you are in a good signal area.

Jim Allison, BSc, SS Law PA, MBIM, MA (Social Welfare Law)
Former Moderator

PLEASE READ THE SPOTLIGHTS AREA OF THE FORUM REGULARLY, OTHERWISE YOU MAY MISS OUT ON IMPORTANT INFORMATION. Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
10 months 2 weeks ago #285253 by Amelia
Replied by Amelia on topic PIP decision Text message
Hi, can I ask - what was the outcome in the end? Was it for a review or for the first application of PIP? I've been on PIP for a few years but on what I believe to be far less than I should have been but I didn't know about this site before, so therefore never questioned or challenged anything. To be quite honest the whole process is so tiring that I just couldn't bring myself to question or challenge anything anyway... now I have just had another review (every 2 years I think I get one, this is the 2nd or 3rd review I've had) and I've filled it in as though I was filling in a brand new claim, according to the guidelines on how to word things and not to underplay anything, as laid out on this site. So I'm anxious to see if anything will be different this time around!

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.