× Members

Apply for PIP

More
8 months 1 week ago #286854 by BIS
Replied by BIS on topic Apply for PIP
Hi Louise

That is an impossible question to answer. There are no stats on that. All we know is that the decision-maker normally follows what the assessor has said. The decision maker is not a medical person which is why they don't often change what has been said. Glad that it seems positive at this stage.

BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 months 1 week ago #286926 by Louise
Replied by Louise on topic Apply for PIP
My PIP Timeline.

Applied via telephone 06/07/2023.
Had to call them back as application hadn't arrived 25/07/2023. (Incorrect address)
Application posted 30/08/2023.
Telephone Assessment 24/10/2023 - Had a panic attack so couldn't go through with assessment.
PIP called me 04/12/2023 - Asked if i wanted to still proceed.
Telephone Assessment 16/01/2023
Report ready 17/01/2024
Report arrived 19/01/2024
Now waiting for DWP for decision (Fingers crossed)
The following user(s) said Thank You: BIS

More
8 months 6 days ago #287061 by Louise
When DWP get your report from the Health Professional do they just read the report or do they have access to your application form and medical letters? for when they make their decisions.

Thank you

More
8 months 6 days ago #287071 by Gary
Replied by Gary on topic Apply for PIP
Hi Louise

DWP has access to all your supporting documents, they can ignore the opinion of the assessor.

I had a claimant a few weeks ago, the assessor awarded zero points on every question, the decision maker awarded standard for both daily living and mobility.

We were putting together a mandatory reconsideration letter when he received a text message from the decision maker informing him his claim had been successful.

Gary

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Louise

More
8 months 6 days ago #287084 by Louise
Got that magic text message this morning from DWP to say that i have been awarded PIP.

Yippppppppppy!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chris

More
8 months 6 days ago #287095 by Chris
Replied by Chris on topic Apply for PIP
Hi Louise,

Yippppeeeeeee indeed! Drinks all round on you then ? hahaha - All jokes aside, very well done. It's always great to hear of another success.

You can relax now, knowing that all the hard work has finally paid off!

Regards, Chris :)

The following user(s) said Thank You: Louise

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.