× Members

Apply for PIP

More
1 year 2 months ago #282040 by Louise
Replied by Louise on topic Apply for PIP
Hi

Is there a template my Mother can use to write a letter to PIP?
As my mother spends most of her time with me she is a good person to tell pip how my illness effects me daily.

Thank you

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 year 2 months ago #282060 by BIS
Replied by BIS on topic Apply for PIP
Hi Louise

There isn't a template. My advice is to get your mother to look at the PIP questions and address those from what she has observed and what impact it has on you. She doesn't have to write reams - one side of A4 should be enough.

BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Louise

More
1 year 2 months ago #282078 by Louise
Good evening,

Should i mention i have a school age child?

Kind regards

More
1 year 2 months ago #282082 by Gary
Replied by Gary on topic Apply for PIP
Hi Louise

I see no reason why you need to mention you have a school age child as the PIP is all about you, unless your school aged child acts as your carer in which case you need to explain what care they provide and Why.

Gary

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
1 year 2 months ago #282244 by Louise
Update:

I phoned PIP because I hadn’t received my form, I am glad I did as the advisor who I spoke to, to register my claim typed my address incorrectly in the system, after spelling it out word by word. So there was a note on my account saying incorrect address, so now they have it corrected, I should now receive form in 7-10 days.

I have been stressing for weeks…
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gary

More
1 year 2 months ago #282253 by Gary
Replied by Gary on topic Apply for PIP
Hi Louise

I know it can at times be hard to pick up the phone and ask but it is always worth the effort even if it puts your mind at ease.

Gary

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid