× Members

Apply for PIP

More
9 months 3 weeks ago #285943 by Louise
Replied by Louise on topic Apply for PIP
Hi,

I didn’t do my PIP assessment as I had a massive panic attack once the phone started ringing, so I just ignored it.

I didn’t contact them to reschedule as I was too distressed and thought I would re-apply after Christmas. But on Monday DWP called to re-open my assessment, do they usually do this? I just recently had my UC WCA overturned, would if have something to do with that?

Kind regards

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 months 3 weeks ago #285965 by Chris
Replied by Chris on topic Apply for PIP
Hi Louise,

I think they do contact you twice if they've been unable to obtain a response the first time, just in case. I totally get where you're coming from with the anxiety, and how frightening panic attacks are, having suffered them myself, and still to this day, depending on the event.

DWP do deal with both UC and PIP, but I'd imagine they would usually text you first to tell you what it's in relation too, so my guess would be it was due to the missed PIP assessment. I wouldn't imagine them interfering with UC after you've just had it overturned, but you can never tell with this lot.

I think the tories just see disabled people as an incovenience....this video is a classic example of how people feel because of the tories.

Regards, Chris.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
9 months 3 weeks ago #286023 by tip
Replied by tip on topic Apply for PIP
Why did cameron and co shut down remploy?

folk should right to there mp to ask the sunak and co.
The following user(s) said Thank You: TwistedWitch

More
8 months 2 weeks ago #286668 by Louise
Hi

I finally got a new appointment date and time, which was 16th Jan. I answered all the questions with proper answers and not just yes and no. I did ask her to repeat some questions as i didn't understand what she was asking, she was very sympathetic but that doesn't mean nothing.

What should i expect next?

Kind regards

More
8 months 1 week ago #286699 by BIS
Replied by BIS on topic Apply for PIP
Hi Louise

Congratulations on conquering your fears and getting through your assessment. If you want a copy of your assessment report, you can phone the DWP 48 hours after it took place and ask them for a copy. The report is called a PA4. The assessors are supposed to submit their reports within 48 hours, but sometimes they don't - so please don't get alarmed if you ring and you're told it's not yet ready. The report will give you an idea of what you might score if the decision-maker follows the advice of the assessor. You should receive the decision letter within 6 - 8 weeks. However, this is not a definitive timescale and it could arrive more quickly or take longer.

BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Louise

More
8 months 1 week ago #286836 by Louise
When the DWP receive report from Health Profession what percentage do they agree with him/her.

My report arrived today from PIP and it seems very positive for me but worry that DWP will disagree because it goes in my favour.

Kind regards

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid