× Members

Review.... PIP Telephone Assessment ....1 year later

More
1 year 2 months ago #281710 by raindaisy
Parking this note here.

11 July - still no letter . Rang DWP , pressed option to leave feedback.
Spoke to call handler, will resend letter. I asked to mark this as a formal complaint.
He said he would. Call ended.
Pressed to leave feedback It said " sorry you can not leave feedback for that topic" ! lol

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 year 2 months ago #281712 by BIS
Hi raindaisy

Forgive me, but I couldn't help but smile when you had that message about feedback. How typical.

A recent study of fibromyalgia and mortality rates says: "Fibromyalgia is a poorly understood disease whose prevalence has increased over the years... There is a growing understanding that fibromyalgia coexists with other health problems, including other rheumatic diseases, and gastrointestinal, neurologic and mental health disorders." Unfortunately, there are many medical professionals who still doubt its existence and many of the assessors don't understand the impact.

When you talk about your walking and the pain, you need to describe (again) what that is like. Catching your breath, pausing, feeling nauseous, stopping, balance issues, shaking, walking at a much slower speed, having to hold onto something, the subsequent exhaustion which means you couldn't repeat walking any distance immediately. You can say that exhaustion is not tiredness, and it often means that you can no longer keep your body upright. The assessor could not see that over the telephone.

If you were criticised for not having enough pain medication - they should also understand that most doctors are reluctant to prescribe, as are the pain clinics, as most of the medication available does not give people sufficient relief and everyone is scared stiff of people becoming addicted.

In terms of you having no MH input - you need to point out that it is common knowledge that MH services are under strain around the country, made worse by the number of people requiring help during and since the pandemic. They don't have staff to keep people on their books and these days if you even get care, it will only be for a short time and people will be get kicked off the list.

BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: raindaisy

More
1 year 2 months ago #281778 by raindaisy
Thank you BIS..I will 100% take that on board.....I finally got my decision letter today ... decision date : 21 June 2023..received by post : 12 July 2023 . So not enough for a MR within their ( DWP) tight timescales.
The decision is hilarious...in my opinion...there are 3 or 4 paragraphs cut and pasted and repeated..with very dis-parring typos... the award was standard rate Living ..lost 4 pts on Mobility...lost MH 4 points ...
Firstly....anyone reading this thread...I have been involved with DWP personally since 1994...I then became professionally involved in my working life , in 2000 , as a hardened well trained welfare rights officer...then 8 years ago , I became very ill...I struggle daily like you ...and NO I dont have inside knowledge....I also struggle with this whole process...no matter how hardened you are...when you are chronically ill...its very deep.... and personal...just never give up....the law is on your side...the DWP... are not what they should be ...or used to be...we all have to fight this crazy , not fit for purpose department,, and this .B&W ..IMHO...is the most reliable source helping people to get the point of confidentially fighting this process..so dont give up....never.
That said ...im prepping my MR....do or die... ..I have trust in the tribunal service...even if it has to Upper Tier....
The following user(s) said Thank You: denby, ivyfox, Chris

More
1 year 2 months ago #281794 by BIS
Hi Raindaisy

I'm glad that the letter finally arrived. You can still put in for an MR. You can still put in for a late submission MR, citing that you didn't receive the decision letter. You have a record of ringing telling them that you hadn't received it.

Thank you for telling everyone about your professional experience. I'm with you - filling in the forms and dealing with the DWP and assessment services is deeply personal and horribly stressful. It almost brought me to my knees when I had to do it for a close relative, and it was only thanks to B&W and Gordon that I got through it.

Good luck with the next stage of your fight.

BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: denby, ivyfox, Waxwing, Chris

More
1 year 2 months ago #281806 by Chris
Hi raindaisy - till death, you do fight! haha. Totally, it's so sad reading what you've put, and the way you're treat, if anything, you'd think they'd look after one of their own for all the years of dedicated service you've given them - it's not your fault that you've deteriorated over time, as peoples bodies and minds tend to do......it's just nature. I am in the same boat and praying that there are people higher up who award correctly.

The following user(s) said Thank You: denby

More
1 year 2 months ago #281807 by Chris
Hi BIS, do you mind me asking how you got into becoming a MOD on here ? It's something I'd love to do, be able to help people on here, and learn whilst doing it. I do appreciate if it's not something that you're able to answer online - just thought I'd ask out of curiousity, and something that could help me pass the time.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.