× Members

Review.... PIP Telephone Assessment ....1 year later

More
1 year 3 months ago #280680 by raindaisy
So one year from completing my review form , 10th June 2022 ...Ive just had a telephone assessment.

It was 2hrs 4 mins Long.

The HCP was a Nurse.

I asked if she knew my condition Fibromyalgia .

She replied " well I have heard of it.."

Doesnt bode well, does it?

Main areas I was asked Driving. Driving. Driving, Driving and more driving.

I replied I only use my car on a couple occasions atm as I under Compliance for Sleep Apnea and have excessive daytime sleepiness.

"But .. when you do drive ....how far do you go? "

Next : Cutting a steak. I dont eat steak. But if you did , how would you cut a steak? With a steak knife? Oh you could use a steak knife? Yes, if I had to cut a steak , but I dont eat steak....but you could use a steak knife? No , I have no grip , Id ask someone to do it for me.

Next : Hoovering . How do you hoover. I dont. My Usband does it. I dont have carpetrs, only hard floors so its not difficult. So when you hoover? You can do it ? Right?

and so it went on and on... and on. Oh God , this process .

Asked about my home, well I am wife. Does he work? No. He had strokes 29 years ago . Then he had heart attacks . He has just had his 6th Angioplasty on his Right Coronary Artery.
Yes, that I guess that does make me his carer. No I dont dress him, wash, feed him, change him etc... he does all that himself, with difficulty, we help each other, yes he is a stroke survivor, no I dont lift him, he one of those stroke survivor with unseen hidden disabilities, like heart disease and stroke pain.

putting this here as a reminder to my assessment , when I have to appeal...again.
The following user(s) said Thank You: fitzk

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 year 3 months ago #280682 by BIS
Hi Raindaisy

I am sorry. I understand your frustration. You can ring the DWP and ask for a copy of the assessment report - it's a PA4.

Hopefully, the report will be better than you think.

BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
1 year 3 months ago #280697 by raindaisy
Thank You BIS .

Will do , i got another 2 hours spare to sit on the phone , you know more than anyone how it goes.

In 29 years of dealing with the DWP, I've never known it so toxic. Believe it or not they used be a very helpful emphatic department to deal with .

Fingers crossed .

More
1 year 3 months ago #280732 by denby
Thank you Raindaisy, you have given a perfect coaching lesson here on how to deal with an assessor.
You know the old thing about, 'those who can, do; those who can't, teach...? I believe that a lot of the 'Health' 'Professionals' are ones who frankly couldn't hack the job which they say is their trade when asked. Like the 'mental health nurse' who discounted our daughter's listed, medicated, anxiety and listed, medicated, depression as she sobbed and sniffled her way through the face to face a few years ago. He wrote that she 'didn't appear distressed' and 'coped well with the assessment'. It's all on tape buddy. [We won at Tribunal].

Best wishes raindaisy with your claim,
Denby
Denby
The following user(s) said Thank You: raindaisy

More
1 year 3 months ago #281007 by raindaisy
I got the Medical Report

And once again I have lost my enhanced Mobility .

I scored 11 on Living.

No consideration for pain , fatigue , Cervical spondylosis , arthritis sleep apeoea and ongoing anxiety and depression .

Zilch. The usual bunkum.

Ok BIS , I need to take the bull by the horns now and do this once and for all.

I indeed more than meet the criteria for Enhanced Mobility on 12 for walking less than 20 meters.

My ESA assessment from the onset have been straight into the Support Group.

I have Widespread muscle pain, arthritis in both hips knees and ankles, spine and shoulders.

Its painful , and wearing...and as far I am considered , from the onset of walking I experience severe pain, I keep walking, slowly, precariously , my stride in minimal , i cannot walk more than 20 meters without pain and discomfort from the onset.

I have been advised not to use a stick unless absolutely necessary , and the medical advice is keep moving, even while in pain, if I stop , I will lose the use of my legs.

So , is it still got to go for a MR ? Last time it was a no. Then the DWP took it to the wire, the day before the appeal deadline , and made an offer I refused.

Then rang the next day , offered a higher award for mobility , but not the 12 pts for mobility , the enhanced was 8 pts plus Planning (MH) . Worn out. I excepted.

The decision maker did comment "this is the last time you get a review and you wont get it next time" He also said the Citizens Advice no nothing about the PIP legislation and always over estimate awards.

I have not received the decision letter yet , but I rang the number and option for next payment , its significantly reduced.

Can I straight to the Appeal Tribunal ?

More
1 year 3 months ago #281012 by Gary
Hi raindaisy

I think the decision maker does not know what they are talking about, Citizen Advice has an exceptional back office which helps with complex cases, I know as I used to work for Citizen Advice and used their services many times.

In answer to your question, no you cannot go straight to appeal you have to apply for a MR first. When you apply for an appeal the online appeal asks you for certain information held on the mandatory reconsideration letter.

Gary

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Rich, fitzk

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid