× Members

Review.... PIP Telephone Assessment ....1 year later

More
11 months 3 weeks ago #284101 by Gary
Hi raindaisy

Thank you for your post, members will find it useful.

You may be in for a pleasant surprise which you will deserve, look out for a lump sum in your bank a/c, I find B&W PIP calculator very useful; www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/pip-payment-calculator-form

Gary

Tags: @RESULT @PIP @ OFFER PRE - APPEAL

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: raindaisy

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 months 1 week ago #284554 by raindaisy
Finally , got my Decision Letter . 16 months its taken to complete this review. June 2022 to October 2023. Disgusting.

I was awarded Enhanced Daily Living , backdated to June 2022 when I completed the AR1 form . As so it should be. That'll help with the central heating this winter. You were right.

I was awarded Enhanced Mobility , 12 points for Moving Around only. Finally !! This was backdated to June 2023 , when they reduced the mobility from Enhanced to Standard.

The interesting point is this , 10 years ago I won 8 points for Moving Around at Tribunal after scoring zero.

Since then I have to challenge every review going from zero award to 8 points moving around , then 4 points on Planning a journey...
But the point is ....my mobility has deteriorated so much over the years , im slow, i dont go far and from the onset , pain starts , i wont and dont use a stick or a mobility scooter , but I know I met the criteria for time, speed and distance ...which was never ever considered...this made me angry, you can not keep going to the NHS and getting scans, mri and referrals for medical evidence...thats not reasonable or real for anyone with Fibromyalgia and arthritis..you given a booklet and send on your merry way...thats the reality...

so i was prepared to go to tribunal , put my trust in the panel and let them decide...

However , once again , DWP take it to the wire...so to anyone out there reading this ..do not give in ..or give up...keep poking the stick...

More
11 months 1 week ago #284561 by BIS
Hi Raindaisy

Congratulations on your win. Great news after all the hard work you did to defend your position.

BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: raindaisy

More
11 months 1 week ago #284577 by denby
Thank you for your encouragement Raindaisy, you are an inspiration.
I sat in the corner years ago while a frankly nasty consultant at Addenbrookes poked our daughter in 16 places. 15 of them she really jumped/squealed with the pain. He said, "You have fibromyalgia". He may not have been pleasant but at least we had the clinic letter for DWP. But you are so right there is no follow up and I too feel very reluctant to 'waste' NHS time resource on anything avoidable. I just spent £16 on over-the-counter meds I could have got free [old enough...]. But I needed them before next month anyway...So unfair on those who simply don't have the £16 though.
Denby
The following user(s) said Thank You: raindaisy, Gary

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid