× Members

PIP Review claim form completed Aug 2022 still waiting

More
11 months 1 week ago #284566 by sub
Hi Gordon

Update:

I am extremely happy my PIP has finally been settled. Thank you so much.

Recap:

!999 Was awarded DLA Personal Care and Mobility
2019 DLA changed to PIP and was awarded 9 points so got Lower Rate Personal Care only. Lost Mobility. I couldn't face the trauma of mandatory review.
August 2022 PIP Review Papers sent in. DWP kept sending texts saying it was still waiting for review.
May 2023 Contacted Citizens Advise plus My MP about DWP's "poor customer service "
Within days my PIP Review was being progressed.
July 2023 had a telephone call with the PIP health adviser
25 July 2023 was awarded 12 points so got the Enhanced PIP for 10 years. Got 4 Points for mobility so still no mobility. My award was backdated to July 2022.
In August 2023 Had an appointment with Citizens Advice who looked at my attempt to write the narrative for my mandatory review. to claim mobility. They tweaked the narrative to include all 4 points - 1)Walk reliably 2) Safely to an acceptable standard 3) Repeatedly 4) In a Resonable time.
August 2023 Mandatory Review submitted.
October 2023 DWP telephoned me to ask a few questions about my mobility.

20 October 2023 DWP awarded 10 points for mobility backdated to July 2022. This time my letter states Personal Care 12 points and Mobility 10 points so was awarded a Lower rate of mobility. This time my letter states I have been awarded care and mobility for an "ongoing period"
I can now apply for my Blue Badge Phew!!!

I completed all the forms myself using the wonderful guides and videos provided by Benefits and Work plus brief input by Citizens Advice and my MP to finally get my award back to where it should have been all along.

Thank you so much for your help, and support. Please do not give up on all your PIP applications.
The following user(s) said Thank You: denby, Gary

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 months 1 week ago #284575 by Gary
Hi sub

That is really terrific news, well done and congratulations.

Thank you for taking the time to post your time line as it will encourage other members not to give up.

I am tagging my reply so that the back office also get to read your encouraging post.

Gary

Tags: @RESULT @PIP @ REVIEW

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.