× Members

PIP taken from me after re assessment with physical ailment

• UB40 Rumrunner
2 months 3 weeks ago #293164 by UB40 Rumrunner
They should not have ignored a diagnosis of IBD unless its been very recent 1-3 months, even so, IBD is likely to be a lifelong disease if its Crohn's or Ulcerative Colitis ?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 months 2 weeks ago #293244 by Donagon
Of course, it is life long. I have Ulcerative Colitis.

Let’s not act like the DWP are there to help you out. I don’t wanna sound like some negative conspiracy theories but as we see with a lot of the topics on here and across the Internet they do tend to dismiss you and put obstacles in your way because they don’t wanna pay out.

One place I do have to give credit to in actually making peoples cases known to the public and do keep the stories alive of peoples experiences with the DWP is the big issue. They are the only news outlook that consistently points out the holes in the DWP and their processes while also showing sympathy to the claimant.

Don’t go in realistically thinking that the DWP/case worker/health professional hired by an external company, are going to agree with you and take what you say at face value. You just have to take it all the way to a tribunal, this is why I said this in my post about not giving up because yes I do have a lifelong illness, and they did ignore it, but that’s just the way that it is, I’m afraid. But having this mindset is what’s gonna get you to the end even if it sounds negative, it’s just realistic, but it’s what makes you fight.

Their system is inconsistent.
The following user(s) said Thank You: denby, KABTT

More
2 months 2 weeks ago #293250 by BIS
Hi Donagon

Many congratulations on your win. It is so good to hear. And thank you for taking the time to share your experience and give your advice. Everyone fighting for PIP can learn from your experience, but I think it's especially relevant to those fighting alone. You have shown that even against the odds with absolutely no support from family, friends or professionals of any kind, it can be done. So proud of you.

BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: denby, Anxious Anonymous, Donagon

More
2 months 2 weeks ago #293279 by Donagon
Thank you BIS

That is very kind of you, I appreciate those words, really :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: BIS

More
2 months 1 week ago #293489 by Anxious Anonymous
Replied by Anxious Anonymous on topic PIP taken from me after re assessment with physical ailment.
What kind of evidence did you use at tribunal?

Was it diagnosis letters? Letters written by a professional for you?

IAPT / CMHT involvement?

More
2 months 1 week ago #293526 by KABTT
Well done, your words are very encouraging for others going through appeal strain. Seen how they've messed you around in your posts here, the fact you've prevailed is amazing.

Still waiting on a decision I before I go for a MR, I'd made a formal complaint against the ATOS nurse assessor for not adhering to the words I actually said in the interview - I have a recording of the interview = went through it with thematic analysis as I did when working for Ipsos MORI.

But the DWP are stalling me, no decision either way at the mo. I'm poised and ready for the next step or tribunal like a greyhound in a racing trap! Fact you got through it gives me hope!
The following user(s) said Thank You: denby, Donagon

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.