× Members

Housing benefit intervention letter

More
1 day 14 hours ago #295033 by kotenok
Housing benefit intervention letter was created by kotenok
Hello, could someone please explain to me what a Council Tax Reduction/Housing-Benefit (Intervention ) is?
1)A person who receives Housing Benefit as well as PIP, ESA and DLA has been living in this private rented accommodation for over 10 years. They've just received a letter called "Council Tax Reduction/Housing-Benefit (Intervention )"with a form to complete and one month to return the completed form including all the proof. What is this letter and what is the reason for it? Has anyone received anything like this?
2) Their son is their sole caregiver, but he does not receive and has never received carer allowance. Their son not on this person's claim and is not listed on the application, only referred to as the son and caregiver. A few years ago the son started working from home part time, will this fact affect the claimant's, his parent's benefits?
3) Do you think it would be safer to go to CAB to fill in the form, as it asks too many questions, and we afraid to do something wrong?
Many thanks in advance.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
20 hours 41 minutes ago #295049 by BIS
Replied by BIS on topic Housing benefit intervention letter
Hi Kotenok

I'm sorry, but your question is outside the scope of this forum, and I would advise you to talk to the CAB. I can't tell you why the person would have received it, but it is a form councils typically send out to check that people are receiving the help they are entitled to or to check that they are not receiving money they are not entitled to.

BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: kotenok

More
20 hours 4 minutes ago #295055 by kotenok
Replied by kotenok on topic Housing benefit intervention letter
Thanks BIS, and yes, i know that this BW does not deal wit housing benefit, but i wanted to see if anyone have similar experience.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid