× Members

Carers element uc

More
1 day 22 hours ago #295003 by Devon idil
Carers element uc was created by Devon idil
Hi.
Quick question. We migrated onto UC in July, at the time I was advised to submit sick notes & complete a UC50 which I did .
Mid September my partner was awarded enhanced care Pip for 5 years due to mental health condition. I have reported a change via my journal & requested carers element as although I physically cannot care for my partner I spend over 35 hours supporting him. UC have accepted this & work commitment appointment cancelled & I am not expected to work search.
My 3 month sick note expires in one week. I do not wish to claim LCW ect as we have TP & doubt it will run out before I claim my pension. Do I need to keep sending sick notes?
Sorry but long winded ..🙄

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 day 16 hours ago #295026 by Gary
Replied by Gary on topic Carers element uc
Hi Devon idil

The answer is not straight forward, as you have claimed the carer element then you cannot apply for LCW/LCWRA, so you do not need to provide fit notes, on the other hand your partner can apply for LCWRA element and needs to provide fit notes until told otherwise.

You do need to seek advice form your local Welfare Rights Organisation; advicelocal.uk , they will be able to take all your circumstances into consideration. I assume from your post that you will soon become a mixed aged couple, benefits will change, so seek advice.

Gary

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid