× Members

PIP Backlog of 1 year?

More
2 days 23 hours ago #294946 by VIA
PIP Backlog of 1 year? was created by VIA
Hello everyone,

I rang PIP a few days ago.
I asked when they would do the review of my pip.

( If you remember they stopped my pip wrongly because they said I had not returned the original pip review form despite me notifying them in time I never received it, and them sending me another pip review form , I still had 1 week to go to return it when they stopped my pip wrongly (they have reinstated it now)

The phone pip adviser said there was a backlog and it was likely MY PIP would be reviewed in around 1 year.

I am not going to wait one year to send them ( recorded delivery) additional information, I am still sending more information every few weeks to back up what I said.

I did not know there was such a big backlog.

Best wishes to all
The following user(s) said Thank You: BIS

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 day 23 hours ago #295004 by ravenmiss
Replied by ravenmiss on topic PIP Backlog of 1 year?
Yep. I was told 18 months around 6 months ago. I rang up this week as my sons award will run out in 4 weeks and she said it's currently at "up to 55 weeks".

I think this is why they're letting DMs make decisions on reviews if they don't feel it needs to be looked at by an assessor/HCP.

It's annoying because it's meant that he can't get the disability component of his student maintenance loan right now and we're waiting on them extending his claim or reviewing it to help his partner imigrate to the UK. They don't realise it messes with so much else!
The following user(s) said Thank You: VIA

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid