× Members

Delayed PIP review Blue Badge problem

More
3 days 1 hour ago #294939 by Pink_brookie
Delayed PIP review Blue Badge problem was created by Pink_brookie
I completed paperwork for my PIP review in December 2023. However, when I phoned them in August as I was starting to panic, I was told that my claim had been extended for a year as the assessments are running up to 12 months behind. A letter would go out to me.
That’s okay but I’ve only just received the letter. I immediately completed the renewal for my Blue Badge which expires on 2/10. The turnaround time for that is 11 weeks. Anyone else in this situation, any advice gratefully received.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 days 21 hours ago #294960 by BIS
Replied by BIS on topic Delayed PIP review Blue Badge problem
Hi Erica

I don't know whether you have used your full name as your forum name - but if you have, I would suggest that you follow the link and change it. Look for "My full name is showing"

benefitsandwork.co.uk/guides-for-claimants/faq/forum

I'm sorry, there is very little you can do about it, but contact your council and see if they can speed up the process.

BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
2 days 14 hours ago #294988 by Pink_brookie
Replied by Pink_brookie on topic Delayed PIP review Blue Badge problem
Thank you for your reply and help.
Had no idea and hope I have now changed it.
Many thanks

More
2 days 12 hours ago #294992 by greekqueen
Replied by greekqueen on topic Delayed PIP review Blue Badge problem
Hi, maybe you can ask your council if they can give you an update on the wait?

I know a few thousand are in this predicament due to long wait times with PIP assessments, and also with Blue badge applications and renewals, you are definitely not alone.

If there is ever a problem with your blue badge expiry, you only have to show your PIP extension letter and that should be sufficient evidence to your entitlement to a current blue badge.

Yours

Greekqueen

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid