× Members

WILL CHANGE OF ADDRESS TRIGGER A PIP REVIEW/ESA REVIEW

• synapse321
  • Topic Author
  • Away
More
5 days 18 hours ago #294846 by synapse321
I am eligible for a light touch review on my PIP after a 10 year period. I also claim ESA Conts. Will a change of address trigger a review of these benefits? Kind regards

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 days 18 hours ago #294848 by Chris
Hi synapse321,

I wouldn't have thought so, but to be on the safe side, may be best asking the PIP enquiry line, unless one of the other mods or claimants can confirm indefinitely?

Chris.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

• synapse321
  • Topic Author
  • Away
More
5 days 9 hours ago #294853 by synapse321
Thank you.

The reason I am changing addresses is that I have split from my partner.

I am claiming housing benefit under section 188(1) Housing Act 1996 as Amended. Am I correct I need to inform PIP and ESA asap about my change of address?

Kind regards

More
4 days 19 hours ago #294875 by BIS
Hi synapse321

A change of address won't trigger a review, but you do need to inform the DWP if you have a change of address.

BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
4 days 6 hours ago #294888 by MrH2020
I split from my partner 4 months ago and I informed them, with no changes to anything other than address.

I got an ESA letter which I have had many times before, it must be automated.
The letter stated what I had been awarded, which was exactly the same as I was getting with the new address on it.

I also informed the PIP team as I'm current awating the outcome of my review form, my review should have been completed in May, but I got the standard we have extended your award for a year.
I would have thought if it would have triggered anything I would have heard by now.

More
4 days 5 hours ago #294890 by Chris
Hi MrH2020,

I got a year extension with my award in 2021, but literally a couple of months later, I had my appt. for a re-assessment, so maybe's something similar will happen to yourself. Time will tell, all you can do is wait.

Chris.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid