× Members

PIP Vouchers.

More
1 week 5 hours ago #294827 by karlgixer
PIP Vouchers. was created by karlgixer
Hi All.
Is anyone else worried about all this news about changing our PIP 4 week payments to vouchers?

I am because my payments help me
Pay my bills.
Keep my car on the road.
Pay for bus or taxi to appointments when i cant drive due to pain.
And any other unexpected costs that pop up from time to time like they do i.e. boiler repairs.

Thanks.
Karl.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Anji

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 days 19 hours ago #294845 by Chris
Replied by Chris on topic PIP Vouchers.
Hi Karl,

Yes, a lot of us are I believe, but until this is confirmed in writing ( should they ever manage to put this into place without there being protests and complaints etc ) - then I think it's just all hear say until that moment in time.

Chris.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Wendy Woo, Anji

More
5 days 4 hours ago #294859 by pusscatsmum
Replied by pusscatsmum on topic PIP Vouchers.
I am terrified of any change, be it vouchers etc, as the cash is mega important, as I saved up and purchased a new kitchen , easier for use, a stairlift, a small mobility shopping scooter. It pays for taxis to the GP, extra heating, going out, paying bills etc etc. I reside in the EU and the use of vouchers etc will be not applicable. If they means test it, as I have a husband who is working, that will eliminate any means tested benefits. The PIP is for me not for the family unit. Mine was instead of a Local Govt pension decided by HR and the DWP following an accident at work, so I feel particularly aggrieved if I were to lose it. I feel that this govt as the last are out to denigrate those who are now officially retired and cannot gain any extra monies from anywhere. What do they want, do they want to stuff us in a cupboard until we no longer exist.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid