× Members

working tax credit disability element migrated to universal credit

More
1 week 20 hours ago #294811 by deb10
After the migration letter, I applied for universal credit. I was on disability element working tax credits for 10 years. Before this, I was on ESA to qualify for DWTC with 16 hours with no minimum floor. My income is very small. I am still self-employed. The job centre has asked for a fit note which I have done, and to complete the UC50 form. My condition mobility restriction is still the same. I thought I would have some sort of legacy protection and be able to carry on with self-employment. Please help.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 week 17 hours ago #294821 by Gary
Hi deb10

Welcome to the forum.

You might want to have a look at the following FAQ which explains where everything is; www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/guides-for-claimants/faq/forum.

Your question is outside the remit of the forum.

If you are eligible for transitional protection, after being on UC for 12 months, you will be affected by the Minimum Income Floor, where an assumed minimum income can be used.

We would advise you to seek advice from your local Welfare Rights Organisation; advicelocal.uk where they can take all your circumstances into consideration when giving you advice.

Gary

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
1 week 16 hours ago #294826 by deb10
I am starting a claim for UC after migration from the working tax credits disability element. Your link is my local Age UK. Disappointed this subject/info of DWTC is cancelled by your professional team. It is impossible to find any info regarding the end of working tax credits disability element and any rights or protection new UC claimants have. After all, some are restricted to full-time work but can manage limited hours within self-employment.

More
4 days 18 hours ago #294878 by Gary
Hi deb10

I am not sure what you mean when you say "Disappointed this subject/info of DWTC is cancelled by your professional team", as far as I am aware the link I posted, works. I have just been on the link.

I have also found a link to entitledto with information about working tax credit:
www.entitledto.co.uk/help/working-tax-credit

Gary

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid