× Members

PIP telephone assessments

More
1 week 1 day ago #294765 by Leanne2730
PIP telephone assessments was created by Leanne2730
I am writing this as a warning if you have a PIP telephone assessment. I had one recently and didn't realise until it was too late that the assessor sort of duped me. She pretended to have similar health conditions as me and entered into a general girly chit chat scenario without asking me any questions. The assessment was over before I knew that it had started. She was so kind and lovely but felt it was all part of the plan to take my money away. It seemed totally fixed. It was very clever in the assessors part. So beware if what you say when chatting. Every single word that you say is being assessed. It also went against me and I have a posh voice and have had a brilliant education which I feel was a form of discrimination.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Johnny

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 week 1 day ago #294783 by Gary
Replied by Gary on topic PIP telephone assessments
Hi jgregg

Welcome to the forum.

You might want to have a look at the following FAQ which explains where everything is; www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/guides-for-claimants/faq/forum.

Do not forget to contact DWP and ask for a copy of the assessors report called a PA4. You can ask for a copy 48 hours after your assessment.

Gary

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
1 week 1 day ago #294788 by denby
Replied by denby on topic PIP telephone assessments
So sorry to hear how they conned you jgregg [btw I hope that isn't your real name as this is most unwise if so, you should go in your profile and change it ASAP].
I agree with you about inverse discrimination. I was fortunate as a person with autism to be sent to a very trad grammar school which happened to give me what I needed ie a totally predictable very 'safe' environment, low noise levels etc for seven years. The PIP assessor dissed and disregarded every problem I listed in my form related to the autism and ADHD simply "because" I got some O and 2 'A 'levels. If I did not also have such severe physical mobility problems as I do, I'd have had to fight at Tribunal to get a DL award never mind mobility. Plus she wasted ages grilling me over 'planning and following a journey' even though it's one of my 'autistic superpowers' and I had not claimed to have any problem with it. I'd be classed as hyperlexic I think, and it surely counts against you. Best wishes, Denby
The following user(s) said Thank You: Wendy Woo

More
1 day 20 hours ago #295012 by Leanne2730
Replied by Leanne2730 on topic PIP telephone assessments
Hi Debby
I was a member of this site many years ago when things were simpler. I do need to change my username but don't seem to be able to do that in my profile - can you explain how I can achieve that - in the meantime I will keep trying
The following user(s) said Thank You: denby

More
1 day 18 hours ago #295015 by BIS
Replied by BIS on topic PIP telephone assessments
Hi jgregg

Follow the link and benefitsandwork.co.uk/guides-for-claimants/faq/forum and select "My full name is showing, how do I stop it" - and follow the instructions.

BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: denby

More
1 day 14 hours ago #295032 by Leanne2730
Replied by Leanne2730 on topic PIP telephone assessments
Hi I have emailed BW thank you for link. I have tried changing it on the profile edit but it doesn't seem to be working. Thanks for the advice - I am not sure why you have advised this change but maybe I am being naive!

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid