× Members

ESA pip and pension

More
1 week 2 days ago #294763 by Sidhu123
ESA pip and pension was created by Sidhu123
I am on ESA support group HB and Pip for many years. At the age of 56 I many many yrs ago worked for Co, and they wrote saying I have a pension due at 60. I can either take lump sum around 4 k and the rest in £40 pm payments for life or without the lump sum £90 pm for life.
My question is if I took the lump sum ( I have no savings) would that impact my benefits?
Or, if i took the monthly payments at 60 would that need to be told to benefits and would that impact what I get? As I know I have few yrs but needed to decide either way and be aware of any impact to what I receive. Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 week 1 day ago #294784 by Gary
Replied by Gary on topic ESA pip and pension
Hi Sidhu123

We cannot answer your question as we do not know which type of ESA you are on, we would advise you to contact your local Welfare Rights Organisation, they will be able to take all your circumstances into consideration, you may also want to contact Pension Wise; www.moneyhelper.org.uk/en/pensions-and-retirement/pension-wise

Gary

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sidhu123

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid