× Members

seven weeks and waiting.

More
1 week 2 days ago #294723 by Geranium
seven weeks and waiting. was created by Geranium
Hi guys.
I had an E.S.A. telephone assessment back on the 30th July, which as I've said in a previous post, was "thorough and lasted arond fifty minutes"
The assossor seemed to have read the aditional information that I'd sent in with previous ESA-50 forms as she was aware of my condition and the date I'd suffered my head injury, and even knew how long I'd spent in hospital and rehabilitation afterwards.
This was just over 7 weeks ago now, and I've still not heard from the D.W.P.
My E.S.A. payments have continued so all I can assume is that my claim is still active, but sadly that's all I can do is "assume"
This uncertainty is making the waiting time unbarable.
Does this sound about right to anybody else?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 week 2 days ago #294725 by BIS
Replied by BIS on topic seven weeks and waiting.
Hi Geranium

You are right to assume that your claim is still active. Waiting times for a response can vary, but as you are approaching the eighth week, I would ring the DWP and ask when you can expect a response. They are the only people who can give you an accurate update and it's the only way to find out if a decision has yet to be made - or they made a decision and you just haven't received a letter.

BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
1 week 2 days ago #294757 by Geranium
Replied by Geranium on topic seven weeks and waiting.
Thanks BIS..... trying to call these people can be hard work.
The number I have for them is : 0800 169 0310 but I can be sat waiting for somebody to answer for over 30 minutes, at which point I normally give up.
Does this number seem right please?

More
1 week 2 days ago #294759 by Geranium
Thanks BIS.
I hate calling them (well trying to) only I've spent half an hour or so waiting for somebody to even take my call.
0800 169 0310 is the number I have for them, is this right?

More
1 week 2 days ago #294760 by Geranium
Thanks BIS.
I'll try and call them, but I can wait half an hour or so with no reply at all.
0800 169 0310 is the number I have for them.... is this the right one, do you know?

More
1 week 1 day ago #294777 by Gary
Replied by Gary on topic seven weeks and waiting.
Hi Geranium

You are correct, ESA enquiry line is: 0800 169 0310.

Gary

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Geranium

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.