× Members

PIP acquired new conditions

More
1 week 3 days ago #294718 by CindyR
PIP acquired new conditions was created by CindyR
I am already on PIP (Mobility enhanced, Living standard), but have in last 2 yrs been afflicted with respiratory failure and heart failure. Should I inform DWP about these, in the hope that I may qualify for an additional benefit, or indeed an increase in PIP?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 week 2 days ago #294728 by BIS
Replied by BIS on topic PIP acquired new conditions
Hi CindyR

It's not so much your conditions per se - but how these conditions affect your daily living and or mobility as per the PiP criteria. Obviously, you already have enhanced mobility - so the issue is how much the respiratory and heart failure affects your daily living. I'm assuming they will have had quite an impact on your life and not just your mobility - so have a look at the PIP guide and see where you scored points last time for daily living and where you would expect to score more highly now. Then, you can put in for a change of circumstances - which will trigger a review. Make sure you don't assume that they will understand these additional conditions or the impact - you will need to spell it out loud and clear to them.

I suggest you look at the guide first because although both your conditions are extremely serious, it's not automatic that even serious conditions mean you will score more highly against the specific PIP criteria. The guide will help you form the questions and remind you the best way to fight for what you need.

BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid