× Members

I ALWAYS SENT PIP and ESA documents in Special Delivery Envelopes

More
1 week 5 days ago #294648 by VIA
Hello,

I have heard from a website that someone said that their forms to return to pip or esa, I cannot recall, had gone missing despite using the provided envelope with the form to return.
That person got a response from the post office clerk, supposedly, saying that a lot of those provided paper envelopes go missing.

In my case I have never, ever, in my life used the provided envelope to return the esa or pip form, because I do not want to take the risk it goes missing.
1- I make photocopies of the form i am returning and of every single documents.
2- I use the ROYAL MAIL SPECIAL DELIVERY guaranteed by 1PM (Next working day) ENVELOPE. IT IS A WATERPROOF ENVELOPE AND GREY IN COLOUR.

10 days ago my post office was out of stock those of the A4 Special Delivery envelopes but they had A3 or A5 envelopes.
So I got an A3 envelope and it was pretty handy, because I put my PIP AR1 and a lot of other documents inside.
I was able to track it online, and check the day, time it was delivered and sign, I can see the photo of the envelope, the photo of the signature and the name of the person who sign it.
And I save that on my ipad on books, photos and print it out as proof and attach my receipt.

I mentioned a few days ago they stopped my PIP with no valid reason as I never received the first form, no warning letter my pip would be stopped.
Yet I had received the replacement form and the return date on the form and another text message was about 1 week away, so there was no excuse to stop my pip.
To cut it short they reinstated it ( after saying I could make a new pip application but this has repercussions on esa as they had stopped my severe disability premium (which they have now put back on) when my pip was stopped, I told them it was pip mistake to stop it, so they reinstated it , it took about 2 working days)

But what I found strange at the time of my call was when I said I would return the replacement PIP FORM in time by the return date, I was told if they receive it, lets hope we do.
They were not questioning me sending it, as I was adamant I would send it, they were questioning that maybe they may not receive my form
( I get pip daily living Standard, and mobility enhanced and I hope to get enhanced on both on this review and will keep you updated).

I told the person on the phone I would not use their envelope anyway, that I never do, as it could get lost and I would have no proof I had sent it, and no tracking.

I said I always used the waterproof Royal Mail Special Delivery guaranteed by 1pm next working day envelope and that I would even call them back and give them the tracking number.

I was then told on the phone that the Special Delivery envelopes are treated as priority above all others. I did not ask if they meant the Special delivery royal mail provided envelopes or ours with the post office special delivery stamp on them.

Once I did not use their special delivery waterproof envelope, I had used my own paper envelope and paid for special delivery to my Doctor.
Yet it got lost, eventually it was found, stuck at the bottom of their big bags. From now on I never use my envelopes, I do not even use their A5 envelopes,
I use the Royal Mail Special Delivery Waterproof Grey Envelope A4 or A3 format, they are big and it is hard for them to go missing, plus they are waterproof and protect my documents inside.

I called PIP.
I checked they got my AR1 FORM, and the titled printed pages of the relevant daily living/mobility activities. They have them.
They told me that even after the return date I can still send information, even that I forgot to mention and it will be taken into account.

Best wishes

I
The following user(s) said Thank You: David

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 week 4 days ago #294652 by BIS
Hi VIA

Thanks for giving us such a comprehensive update. I'm glad that your benefits were all reinstated.

BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: VIA

More
1 week 4 days ago #294676 by denby
VIA, couldn't agree more about using the grey plastic 'envelopes' PO provide. Each of us should privately pledge to find one [or more] other PIP claimants and check they know that using the grotty provided ones is completely optional, and tell that person to spread the word and so on.
The following user(s) said Thank You: VIA

More
1 week 3 days ago #294721 by VIA
Hello Denby,
I agree with you entirely.

That is why I put my post.
I copy the destination address for PIP or ESA onto the Royal Mail Special Delivery grey waterproof envelope.

I take a photo of it before before it is taken to the post office and after the post office applies their Special Delivery by 1 sticker with the cost I had to pay ie £7.95 for my last envelope.

That way nobody can say I did not send it or that it has not been received.
- I have a photo of the special delivery envelope with the tracking number on it
- and I have another photo with the postage sticker with the amount I paid to send it,
- and I can also track all stages of its transit to its destination down the its final arrival with the date, time, name, signature, and place where my envelope was received, and the tracking even shows a photo of the item I sent.

Best wishes to all
The following user(s) said Thank You: denby

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid