× Members

Moving From irl ESA To UC

More
1 week 6 days ago #294616 by Meconopsis
Moving From irl ESA To UC was created by Meconopsis
I may be wrong about this but as I understand it, everybody on legacy benefits will have been moved on to Universal Credit by the end of this year is this right?
I’m on income based ESA and I’m in the support group, after years in the WRAG, but I don’t get PIP. Does this mean I will get a letter telling me to claim UC, then when I do I will only be in the equivalent of WRAG again unless I am able to claim PIP? Also, are you always given plenty of time to make your UC claim before the cut off date? And is it possible to work out how much I will get – more or less than I get now?

Sorry for the amount of questions (I’ve had a look at the guides) I’m not sure if all the changes planned by the last government will come to pass but at the moment it looks to me as if they will.
Thanks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 week 3 days ago #294698 by Gary
Replied by Gary on topic Moving From irl ESA To UC
Hi Meconopsis

You need to wait for the invitation letter before applying for UC, you will then get transitional protection.

As you are in the support group when you apply for UC you should be placed in the LCWRA group, you do not need to be claiming PIP.

You are given 3 months and a day to make a claim for UC from the date on the invitation letter.

Yes it is possible to work out what you may get but it all depends on your circumstances, we would advise you to seek advice from your local Welfare Rights Organisation; advicelocal.uk .

Keep an eye out for B&W newsletter for any changes.

Gary

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Meconopsis

More
1 week 3 days ago #294699 by Gaddy
Replied by Gaddy on topic Moving From irl ESA To UC
Hi Meconopsis,
The migration to UC is being carried out until December 2025 not 2024.
So we can all enjoy not knowing exactly when we will receive a migration notice over a long period of time just to add to the anxiety of it all.

Gaddy
The following user(s) said Thank You: Meconopsis

More
1 week 1 day ago #294766 by Meconopsis
Replied by Meconopsis on topic Moving From irl ESA To UC
Thanks, I've used the calculator on the turn2us site and it looks as if I would be better off on UC. I did this some time ago too and it showed the same but needless to say I did nothing about it because I was too scared of ending up with less. I don't suppose there is any way of finding out for certain is there?

More
1 week 1 day ago #294767 by Meconopsis
Replied by Meconopsis on topic Moving From irl ESA To UC
Thanks, just had another look and I read it wrong.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid