× Members

ESA Migration to UC - CB & Income amount

More
2 weeks 1 day ago #294583 by EmmaP
I was awarded CB ESA 8 years ago. After awarded PIP, I was then entitled to Income related amount. I called DWP and they assured me I am still entitled to CB but I am awarded IB, as this it higher. They also said that only the income based element will go to UC. However they did not appear too assured on this.

In June, I received notification to apply for UC.

In my ESA award notice, where the elements are broken down, CB is not mentioned.

I understand that only IB is in the current migration. I am concerned something is wrong and I will go to UC and lose the CB element and create a lot of problems.

Would the fact that I am in this current migration, suggest there system dont recognise I am CB?
I have also got a PIP review going on, and my award extended for another year while ongoing. I am thinking, are they moving me to UC so they can do two assessments. I have not had a ESA review for years.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 weeks 1 day ago #294585 by David
Replied by David on topic ESA Migration to UC - CB & Income amount
Hi EmmaP,

ESA award notices are renown for being unreliable. However the migration to UC does not stop Conts based ESA. If someone stops your ESA C they would be making a major mistake and you could complain to your MP etc but it is unlikely to happen.

Managed Migration is going to effect everyone so you are not being singled out.
UC migration has nothing to do with PIP or PIP assessments.

As far as your ESA review date is concerned this would have been fixed at your last WCA ( Work Capabilities Assessment ) and is termed " the prognosis ".
If you are worried you could phone ESA and enquire about the prognosis.

Hope this helps,
David

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid