× Members

LCWRA & part-time working

More
2 weeks 2 days ago #294544 by Kate
LCWRA & part-time working was created by Kate
Hi, i am new here, so my first post.

I have recently been awarded with LCWRA having been off work for 3 months, due to chronic health condition (Rheumatoid arthritis) and mental health (complex PTSD).

I have recently though been able to do some work, albeit I work remotely, and can do the hours flexibly. I have been managing about 12 - 15 hours a week on a good week (some weeks, I cannot work as much, my illness is so erratic). There is no way I could work full time, or more than I do. Or for a new employer - which would be hugely triggering. I'm fortunate my current employer has made massive adjustments for me and the knowledge I have is quite specific for this business.

I've only had RA 2 years, and it has massively impacted my life. So this additional money will be so helpful, as i'm also a single parent.

My question is, does anyone know how LCWRA works, with regards to hours worked. Will they assume I can work if am doing some work??

I really want to work, or at least do as much work as i'm able. But when I overdo things, I become very unwell, hence being off work so long.

Really just wondering how this all works. So if anyone feels able to share their experience of working whilst on LCWRA, I would appreciate.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 weeks 1 day ago #294559 by Gary
Replied by Gary on topic LCWRA & part-time working
Hi Kate

Welcome to the forum.

You might want to have a look at the following FAQ which explains where everything is; www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/guides-for-claimants/faq/forum.

The rules for working under LCWRA are different to ESA.

Providing you still meet the LCWRA criteria, however the DWP may reassess you if the work you carry out suggests that your condition has improved, unless you are terminally ill.

There are two calculations carried out when you work, the first calculation works out your UC allowance which is based on your circumstances; single standard allowance + housing element if you pay rent + child element(s) + LCWRA there are others depending on your circumstances

The second calculation works out your work allowance £ Net pay - £404 if you are in the LCW/LCWRA group or responsible for a child = £X less earnings taper 55% = £Y

You then take the second calculation away from the first calculation, this will inform you how much you should receive each month. when you income goes up or down, your UC will go down or up.

Gary

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid