× Members

UC migration from ESA iR support group

More
2 weeks 2 days ago #294543 by HMF
Hello, I’ve provided my migration letter ref number in my UC journal and explained im in the support group esa but told this by DWP-

2024 at 9:42am
The appointment booked for X is discuss her commitments.
This is her contract with DWP and details what is required from her to get the benefit.
Someone unfit for work will have different commitments to someone who is fit.
This will be explained at the appointment.
JCP

I’ve then explained the impact of having to attend a face to face appointment and requested a telephone appointment instead. The response on my journal from the DWP-

2024 at 8:29am
I am sorry to advise that a first commitments needs to be face to face.
Once you have don't this we can consider other means to conduct appointments.
Let me know if you want me to rearrange for another day, when you can bring someone with you.
Regards

Do i have to attend this face to face appointment even though I’ve requested a telephone call instead? I guess my transistion from ESAir to forced UC is closed if i don’t attend this first appointment. I’ve passed the ID online. I struggle with anything to do with the DWP and can’t cope!

I’ve read one person was forced to attend an appointment a week for 3 weeks at the job centre before they left her alone. I simply do not trust the DWP with having to appeal every PIP decision I’ve ever had.

My PIP appeals are decided on a paperwork only basis because it is accepted that i will likely be vomiting in any face to face meetings from stress and then I get asked to leave the court because I’m actually vomiting in front of them.

Is this face to face first meeting mandatory and whats the likelihood that more meetings will be compulsory to move over to UC?
I haven’t had any changes other than receiving this migration letter forcing me to move to UC from ESAir support group with sdp and CTC by a date in October.

Thanks for your help.
H

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 weeks 1 day ago #294569 by Gary
Replied by Gary on topic UC migration from ESA iR support group
Hi HMF

Welcome to the forum.

You might want to have a look at the following FAQ which explains where everything is; www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/guides-for-claimants/faq/forum.

We come across claimants in your situation quite frequently, we would advise you to contact the UC helpline: 0800 328 5644/5646/9344.

You may want to contact your local Welfare Rights Organisation for help; advicelocal.uk

Gary

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
2 weeks 1 day ago #294572 by Gaddy
Replied by Gaddy on topic UC migration from ESA iR support group
Hi HMF,

To add to what Gary has suggested, Citizens Advice have a Help to Claim UC service 0800 144 8444. I have registered with them myself in preperation for my own looming migration and have found them helpful. If you get nowhere with the UC helpline perhaps they can advise you.
Good luck anyway and let us know how you get on, so many of us are dreading this migration process and any info could be useful.

Gaddy
The following user(s) said Thank You: HMF

More
2 weeks 1 day ago #294582 by HMF
Replied by HMF on topic UC migration from ESA iR support group
Thank you Gary.

I’ve been told i have to have a face to face appointment and they will not change this to a telephone appointment instead to accommodate my needs. Because im In the esa support group I believed we should have no work related requirements and therefore have no claimant commitment to agree to? I appreciate your help.
Thanks

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid