× Members

Work Pension and ESA Contributory

More
2 weeks 2 days ago #294539 by ladypowys
Work Pension and ESA Contributory was created by ladypowys
I have recently had my work pension and decided to have a lump sum (tax free)and a small monthly regular payment into my bank of £366.06p
I have received a letter from DWP saying that 'We now know your average income paid by xxxxx County Pension Fund is £88.16 (gross) per week. Also saying that my weekly payments of ESA Support Group will be changed from £138.20 to £136.62 per week.
Is this correct? I did inform DWP regarding my pension and they told me because of being in the Support Group Contributory ESA it wouldn't make any difference to my payments. It appears that it does make a difference. Now I don't know which is right! I don't want to have money taken off me when it shouldn't be or if its correct then fair enough. It isn't a great amount but even so I would like it to be correct
Can you advise me please.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 weeks 2 days ago #294541 by David
Replied by David on topic Work Pension and ESA Contributory
Hi ladypowys,

From the information that you have supplied the DWP have made the correct deduction. It is worked out as half the weekly amount over £85. So £88.16 minus £85 is £3.16 and half this is £1.58. So deduct £1.58 from £138.20 and you get £136.62
This is assuming that you get £88.16 gross per week from the pension fund.

David

David

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: ladypowys

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid