× Members

LCRWA and Fit notes

More
2 weeks 2 days ago #294538 by Jane Bellz
LCRWA and Fit notes was created by Jane Bellz
Hello everyone.
Firstly, thanks for this great forum and all the advice. It is helping with my anxiety as I wait for a decision after the WCA.
I had a telephone assessment yesterday. And now waiting for a decision. The assessor was very understanding, she only asked questions about my mental health even though I have serious mobility issues. She said she had enough information after asking me about my mental health.
While I'm waiting, I've started reading up on what happens if I don't get LCWRA or if I do. I just want to be prepared for any outcome.
And I have a question about fit notes. I know that there should be no gaps between fit notes. And I have that from 30 October 2023 to the end of September 2024. However, when I checked my journual, I noticed that my fit notes were often uploaded to the system after a reminder in the journal. The one I'm most concerned about is my most recent fit note. I received a final reminder that my fit note has expired on 30th of June and that I needed to upload a new one before the deadline of 21 July. I uploaded it on 20 July (the dates on the new fit note are from 30 June to 29 September) and the admin approved it in the system on 22 July.
Now I am worried whether this will be considered as a gap in fit notes? I can't find any information on this anywhere.
Any help would be appreciated!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 weeks 1 day ago #294567 by Gary
Replied by Gary on topic LCRWA and Fit notes
Hi Jane

Welcome to the forum.

In case you are not aware your real name may be showing as your Forum ID, if this is the case then I recommend that you change it as soon as possible. See

www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/guides-for-claimants/faq/forum

I did have a discussion with a JCP case worker a while back and was informed that they do give a bit of leeway as to when fit notes are handed in, the important point is, that they run from one date to the next.

Gary

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
2 weeks 17 hours ago #294607 by MrFibro
Replied by MrFibro on topic LCRWA and Fit notes
Gary,

Why does one have to submit fit notes, if they already know that you were in the irESA SG LCWRA before forced migration onto UC.

This whole process is ludicrous. I'm sure its been devised so claimants simply just give in, and then lose their benefits.

Finally Gary how is the DWP dishing out these migration notices, as in regards to claimants presently being on irESA SG. Is it postcode based, is it county based, or claimants name in alphabetically order.

It seems to me that everyone is on tender hooks, as not knowing when their forced migration notice will be sent to them. I believe it could be end of DEC 2025.

That's a very cruel long time to wait in total fear and anticipation.
Why they couldn't just leave it and migrate in 2028/9.
Must be they know knocking it out years earlier will save them huge amounts of money.

Regards

More
1 week 3 days ago #294695 by Gary
Replied by Gary on topic LCRWA and Fit notes
Hi MrFibro

You should not have to provide a fit note if you were in receipt of IR ESA and in the support group, providing there is no break in your claim, not even for one day.

There is a time table of when UC will be rolled out, it is dependant on the legacy benefit, tax credits were the first benefits affected www.gov.uk/government/publications/compl...-universal-credit--2. Remember time tables have been brought forward.

Dates and information will be published in B&W free newsletter.

Gary

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: MrFibro

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid