× Members

universal credit, pip, state pension

More
2 weeks 2 days ago #294514 by Deg Peard
universal credit, pip, state pension was created by Deg Peard
Looking on Gov.uk have seen that people like my wife on state pension and being part of a mixed age couple is going to get a universal credit migration notice letter forced upon her.

I have not been claiming uc for myself and we have just lived off my wifes state pension and our pip so far.

what will happen to us with this forced migration. It seems that the migration will even have a knock on effect on the pip too?
Thankyou

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 weeks 2 days ago #294524 by Gary
Replied by Gary on topic universal credit, pip, state pension
Hi Deg Peard

Your wife should not get a migration notice unless she is on a means tested benefit such as child tax credits.

UC has no effect on PIP as PIP is not means tested.

You can carry on as you are claiming your wife's state pension and PIP, if you claim help with rent, then you will have to apply for UC.

Gary

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
2 weeks 2 days ago #294531 by Deg Peard
Replied by Deg Peard on topic universal credit, pip, state pension
Thankyou Gary, my concern is that gov.uk says that mixed age couples where one is on a state pension will receive a migration notice letter. can you look into it for me please

More
2 weeks 2 days ago #294532 by clearwater
Replied by clearwater on topic universal credit, pip, state pension
if you claim help with rent, then you will have to apply for UC.

does the council not pay HB when you have reached retirement age?

More
2 weeks 2 days ago #294535 by Deg Peard
Replied by Deg Peard on topic universal credit, pip, state pension
Thanks. Just to say what my concern is. Gov.uk sitesays mixed age couples where one of them receives state pension are going to receive a migration notice letter saying they have to claim uc! Very worried

More
2 weeks 1 day ago #294558 by Gary
Replied by Gary on topic universal credit, pip, state pension
Hi Deg Peard

The web site is correct if you receive a means tested benefit as UC will be replacing 6 means tested benefits.

Gary

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid