× Members

Query UC

More
2 weeks 4 days ago #294471 by Bud
Query UC was created by Bud
Hello, I’ve just seen battyboo thread, & didn’t want to barge in on it.

So, if being a carer means they won’t send for you … What about the one who has the carer, is it the same for them?

Thanks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 weeks 4 days ago #294474 by David
Replied by David on topic Query UC
Hi Bud,

Thanks for your query.
So as you say " being sent for " , you need to be in the No work-related requirements Conditionality Group to be exempt.

Citizens Advice have a good checker for UC Conditionality Groups, link here.
www.citizensadvice.org.uk/benefits/unive...mmitment-what-group/

Hope this helps,
David

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Bud

More
2 weeks 4 days ago #294478 by Bud
Replied by Bud on topic Query UC
Thanks David.

I can only see some of the post, the right hand side goes off screen, it happens sometimes 🤔

Sorry if I didn’t explain myself properly. My partner who gets ESA will eventually claim UC for both of us. He’s my carer, will I have to look for work?

Thanks.

More
2 weeks 4 days ago #294479 by David
Replied by David on topic Query UC
Hi Bud,

To answer your question ...My partner who gets ESA will eventually claim UC for both of us. He’s my carer, will I have to look for work?
It depends which UC Conditionality Group you are placed in. You can determine that from the Citizens Advice link, I sent.
If you have not had a WCA ( Work Capabilities Assessment, previously known as PCA ) you will need to have one to be excused looking for work under the health exemption.

David

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Bud

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid