× Members

UC and work focussed interviews , carer, pip

More
2 weeks 4 days ago #294468 by battyboo
Situation, highest rate pip , mobility , daily living .
Issue ,since having to migrate to UC due to migration the DWP despite stating I'm a carer and exempt have asked for fit note .
I stated I am exempt but worried about it all wknd so yesterday got one from the GP for six months .Sent it through journal.
Replied, I still need a work focussed interview.
My pip is for bpd, anxiety, depression, osteoarthritis, thyroid issues, M.E and I'm a full time carer for my adult severeydisabled son at home with me
They won't leave me alone ? Every time I engage with them it's not enough .
They even came out when I moved to new house and did a home visit and she was very unpleasant.
What can I do ! Do I need to get further help to stop them harressing me ? Thankyou
The following user(s) said Thank You: Bud

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 weeks 4 days ago #294470 by David
Hi battyboo,

I think your problems relate to the automated system that is UC. So as soon as you state on your UC account/journal you have a health condition the default setting is to ask for a Fit Note even if you don't want to be part of the UC Health Journey.

I would advise you to go into your UC account and write a message asking if you are entitled to the Carer's Element of UC. You will have a choice where to send the message such as Payment, Work Coach , Service Issue. So you should choose Payment which means the journal message will get sent to the Case Manager.

When the Case Mananger confirms that you will receive the Carer's Element that means you can ignore any requests for meetings with a Jobcentre Work Coach. The reason being that Carers are placed in a conditionality group where they don't have to look for or prepare for work.

Hope this helps,
David

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Bud, battyboo

More
2 weeks 1 day ago #294550 by battyboo
Replied by battyboo on topic UC and work focussed interviews , carer, pip
Thank you for the information.They have messaged again today stating they have sent a UC 50 out for me to complete.
I replied again I'm on highest rate pip , and exempt as a carer.I have a carer element on my UC so they are aware.
I then received a message saying "if "I fill out the form and then are found to be unable to work I can then have a work interview and if found unable to work extra money would be applied to UC.
Limited capability I believe she stated.I think it's a trap .

More
2 weeks 1 day ago #294554 by David
Hi battyboo,

I can understand your concerns. It is not a trap as you say. But they have not mentioned " the small print" in the deal. That is you will have to go through what is called the DWP Health Journey before you are even considered for the payment which you can only get after the medical assessment known as a WCA.
There is a lot of information about the WCA on the BenefitsandWork forum with discussions from many members.

So you can ignore the attempts to get you to join the Health Journey if you wish and no action can be taken against you for doing so as you get the Carer's Element of UC.

Hope this helps,
David

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: battyboo

More
2 weeks 1 day ago #294574 by battyboo
Replied by battyboo on topic UC and work focussed interviews , carer, pip
My concerns are if I didn't pass the the interview it would affect the PIP award.

More
2 weeks 1 day ago #294578 by David
Hi battyboo,

When is your next PIP review due?
The DWP has access to information gathered at a WCA so it could be shared with PIP.
But it won't affect the PIP award until the next review anyway.
Are there any improvements to your health since your last PIP review? If not, there should be nothing found during the WCA that would affect PIP.

David

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid