× Members

Confused by DWP text about PIP

More
1 month 2 weeks ago #294177 by Nathan1965
Confused by DWP text about PIP was created by Nathan1965
Hi, I receive contribution based ESA and am in the support group. I applied online for PIP three weeks ago today for my mental health conditions. I sent letters from my Psychiatrist and Psychologist etc. I have been expecting a message about having a telephone assessment as I did for ESA.

Anyway, I've just received a text from DWP saying that they have received the written report of my assessment and they should be making a decision within the next eight weeks. How is this possible? I've not spoken to anyone and my psychiatrist says that they haven't contacted her for any further information, ditto with my psychologist.

Does this mean that I can telephone for a PA4 to be sent to me? I've been reading the forum for some time and this doesn't seem to be the normal protocol.

Many thanks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 month 2 weeks ago #294190 by Gary
Replied by Gary on topic Confused by DWP text about PIP
Hi Nathan1965

You may have had a paper assessment in which case it is called a PA3.

We have heard from members when they asked for a copy of the PA3 that none were available.

Gary

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nathan1965

More
1 month 2 weeks ago #294210 by Nathan1965
Replied by Nathan1965 on topic Confused by DWP text about PIP
Thank you. Could you please tell me what I should do if they say none are available. I've read that you should thank them, hang up and phone again - would that apply in this instance. If it's gone to an Independent assessor, surely there should be a PA3 available or else what will the decision maker have to go on?

More
1 month 2 weeks ago #294213 by Gary
Replied by Gary on topic Confused by DWP text about PIP
Hi Nathan1965

You can ask for a PA4 48 hours after the assessment, what you are referring to in your post is where you contact DWP and ask for a copy of the PA4 and you are told you have to wait for a decision to be made before you can request a copy, this is not true, our advice in this situation is to hang up and phone up again hoping you do not get the same operator.

We have heard from members from the forum, when they have requested a copy of their PA3, they have been informed that there is not one available, their claims were successful.

Gary

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nathan1965

More
1 month 2 weeks ago #294215 by Gaddy
Replied by Gaddy on topic Confused by DWP text about PIP
Hi Nathan1965, I was one of those that had a paper based assessment, when I called to request the PA3 i was told there wasn't one, they had made the decision based on the information I had sent so one wasn't necessary.

Best wishes,

Gaddy
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gary, Nathan1965

More
1 month 2 weeks ago #294221 by Nathan1965
Replied by Nathan1965 on topic Confused by DWP text about PIP
Thank you Gary and Gaddy. I must say I am still a bit confused as to what has happened, but I'll ring them and see what they say. If they have received a written report, which is what they texted, I assumed the report would have come from an assessor, but perhaps this is just a non specific text and it isn't meant to be taken exactly literally.

Again, thanks for the input and I'll update as to what the outcome is, so that others might get some insight if they find themselves in the same postion.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gaddy, Gary

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.