× Members

Inheritance

More
1 month 4 weeks ago #293791 by DJMH15
Inheritance was created by DJMH15
Hi
I am going to inherit some money nd need to inform dwp.
When and how d I do this and what can I expect please?
What information will I need to give them.
Is there anyone who can help me sort any paper work out?
What paper work will they want.
Any helpful information from staff or other people very appreciated
Thankyou

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 month 4 weeks ago #293809 by Gary
Replied by Gary on topic Inheritance
Hi DJMH15

Thank you for your question but it is outside the remit of the forum.

You need to discuss your situation with your local Welfare Rights Organisation, they will be able to take all your circumstances into consideration; advicelocal.uk .

Gary

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: DJMH15

More
1 month 4 weeks ago #293813 by Gaddy
Replied by Gaddy on topic Inheritance
Hi DJMH15

When I received .a small inheritance some years ago I sent a copy of the letter from the solicitor which stated how much I had received.
I sent it to the address at the top of my last letter from the DWP and sent it track and trace.
In my case, as I hadn't had a letter from the DWP adjusting my ESA i followed it up with a telephone call, they confirmed they had my correspondence but it had not been actioned yet.
Please keep your postage receipt and note any phone calls you make with name of the advisor,date and time of the call, this was useful to me when they finally got round to dealing with it. In other words I had done the correct thing by notifying them of the change by letter, the fact they hadn;t processed it was a failure on their part.
Other forum members have also posted about not hearing back from the DWP when they provide similar information so its best to have evidence of what you have done to make sure they cannot try to deny you didn't notify them on time.
I hope all goes smoothly in your case.

Gaddy
The following user(s) said Thank You: denby, Wendy Woo, LL26

More
1 month 4 weeks ago #293844 by DJMH15
Replied by DJMH15 on topic Inheritance
Thankyou very much gaddy, i will see if i can do the same. Get a letter from the solicitor, send it with proof and then phone them as well.
I want them to stop payments straight away, but don't know when it will be.
Thankyou
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gaddy

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid