× Members

PIP application rejected

More
2 months 4 days ago #293636 by Kassy
PIP application rejected was created by Kassy
Hello,
My PIP application was returned with all components being awared zero points. I have requested for mandotary reconsideration via phone. I have also requested for notes taken during my telephone assessment to be provided. I received a text message notying me that my claim will be looked at again and this will take 15 weeks.
I wanted to find out if I am able to apply for a blue badge in the meantime as I have mobility issues?

Thank you,

Kassy

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 months 4 days ago #293647 by BIS
Replied by BIS on topic PIP application rejected
Hi Kassy

I'm sorry that you scored zero points. I hope that you will write a response to your Mandatory Reconsideration once you have a copy of the assessment report (PA4). I don't know how much you said over the phone, but it's hard to respond if you don't have a full idea of the thinking behind the decision. Also if you just give your view of the phone, you have no idea if anything you said has been taken down correctly.

You can apply for a blue badge any time, but you will have to try and get it without having a PIP award (which does happen).

BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
1 month 2 weeks ago #294125 by Kassy
Replied by Kassy on topic PIP application rejected
Hello BIS,
Thank you for your response.
I am still waiting for my PA4. In the meantine I'll apply for a disability badge.
Many thanks,

Kassy

More
1 month 2 weeks ago #294148 by traceytracey
Replied by traceytracey on topic PIP application rejected
Hi Kassy,

It is easy to apply for blue badge on-line through your council, they will just ask for copies of your medical issues etc

Good luck

More
1 month 2 weeks ago #294158 by lesley
Replied by lesley on topic PIP application rejected
I managed to get a blue badge without having PIP. My doctor helped me. I did have to go for an assessment at the local council but they passed me for a blue badge, no problem. (Do not have a car either - it's to use when I am with my son in his car)

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid